IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

30 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

I disagree as I really really struggle to remember what I did earlier in the day and as for a week ago no chance. Maybe it's an age thing , im 67 , but theres not a chance if I was asked today my movements and whereabouts over a week or so could I do it . And yes as I'm not the most organised a diary wouldnt work either 

Your till receipts or card record will be a basis of a highly accurate diary and aide memoire

28 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Plus not everyone who enters a shop buys something so receipts are not always the answer.

True, but 99.9% do. Maybe I'll concede at a push it's 96%. It's not an answer but better than FIIK

9 minutes ago, Banker said:

Just been to B8Q this get some plants, strummer spools etc before lockdown and it’s absolutely rammed. 
Wanted some potting compost but shelves empty but saw some git with 6 bags on trolley , like toilet roll wars!!

go to kirby garden centre

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Anyone else notice that when Ashie was on zoom this morning there was a big thick biography of Churchill behind his right ear. He's got the jowls for it and if he adds the homburg, fat cigar and victory sign, he's a dead ringer for next CM. I wonder what books Howie's got on his shelf ? 

janet and john

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Old Git said:

I thought they walked right in to that, but the next journalist was too slow witted to pick them up on it. 

Perhaps Rachel's genomics is too forensic for them and would show where the errors have really been. It's all about controlling the information and the message.

Edited by Shake me up Judy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

Lots of chuffing, conspiracies and anger here, you'd almost think that people believe that our government wanted this to happen! They've been trying to keep us as normal as possible for crying out loud. 

At every twist and turn the public has done what has been asked of it. The weak link every time links back to government. Literally every time. I think it’s fair if some people have changed their attitude this time round. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Ignorance of the law is no excuse. 

Indeed I wonder if the police will go on their usual arresting frenzy this time? It’s going to be hard to justify abusing the public to this level this time when the SPC workers have had a blind eye turned to them. 

8 minutes ago, CowMan said:

Indeed I wonder if the police will go on their usual arresting frenzy this time? It’s going to be hard to justify abusing the public to this level this time when the SPC workers have had a blind eye turned to them. 

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of it applying to the management of IOMSPCo, rather than crew if the directions weren't spelled out to them correctly. Or if the directions weren't clear and letting it run unchallenged for so long.  But of course we probably won't know the full facts as to the 'misunderstanding' anyway as a bigger carpet has been laid so all of this crap can all be brushed under. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, pongo said:

Doesn't the necessity of this lockdown demonstrate that SPCo workers should have been isolating and should from now on?

No totally unreasonable and typical of you, if you want no food on shelves after a strike !! Even Howie realized that

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of it applying to the management of IOMSPCo, rather than crew if the directions weren't spelled out to them correctly. Or if the directions weren't clear and letting it run unchallenged for so long.  But of course we probably won't know the full facts as to the 'misunderstanding' anyway as a bigger carpet has been laid so all of this crap can all be brushed under. 

Agreed but I would still like to see the justification used for the inevitable first covid arrest (probably at 12:14 on Wednesday morning as they literally won’t be able to help themselves) when clearly they have no intention of doing anything about SPC staff or directors/management. Jails just a threat used on us it would seem!