IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

42 minutes ago, Gladys said:

The front line staff probably did, but the answer may have been that some expected waste was expected snd built in to the system.  Not that that makes it acceptable,  but I do know if any vaccine was left over in the early days it was given to people who were assisting and training in the vaccine process. 

As I recall I think they were "budgeting" 10% for wastage. But as you say that's not really acceptable.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Why not have a standby list of O50s who are prepared to be at the centre within 1 hour and take any leg overs.

Too good to let it go. Where can I sign up for this scheme please ? 😷

50 minutes ago, Gladys said:

The front line staff probably did, but the answer may have been that some expected waste was expected snd built in to the system.  Not that that makes it acceptable,  but I do know if any vaccine was left over in the early days it was given to people who were assisting and training in the vaccine process. 

Looks like you have a point. The UK Independent ran this article last month after a number of FOI requests. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/covid-vaccine-doses-england-wasted-rollout-b1799619.html

Seems that wastage occurs for a variety of reasons and is totally expected. I sniff some electioneering from Mr Pooper!

18 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Great idea. I'm over 50 and up for it - and leg overs seem so difficult to get these days.

Too much time in the rovers Albert. Its a well known shag desert. Get yourself to the Legion, that's where the action is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

49 minutes ago, Gladys said:

The front line staff probably did, but the answer may have been that some expected waste was expected snd built in to the system. 

I think there is a difference to waste as opposed to left over. I think we are entitled to  know what the amounts were though. This is too serious to play politics with.

51 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Added to that...according to MR, people are still currently reporting problems with the 111 phone system.

Manx Telecom - why does that not surprise me one little bit. MT systems seems to be repeatedly developing faults in my experience. No doubt they will blame the volume of calls or bad weather or something.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

Not the smartest move having the vaccine booking system tied to the the emergency Covid line. These should be independent numbers and teams.

Well there’s loads of civil servants, class rooms assistant etc sitting at home doing nothing so why aren’t some of them trained to do call centre work?

• Like 1

Just now, Banker said:

Well there’s loads of civil servants, class rooms assistant etc sitting at home doing nothing so why aren’t some of them trained to do call centre work?

got to have the infrastructure to go with it - phones/pcs/desks/chairs/office space

and this will be a short term peak of a day or two so difficult/expensive to have all that resource ready to go with the short term requirements

8 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

got to have the infrastructure to go with it - phones/pcs/desks/chairs/office space

and this will be a short term peak of a day or two so difficult/expensive to have all that resource ready to go with the short term requirements

You can do the calls from home, all you need is a head set & laptop, what do you think everyone working from home have been using for last 12 months, usual bad planning/no contingency plans