IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Rhumsaa said:

got to have the infrastructure to go with it - phones/pcs/desks/chairs/office space

and this will be a short term peak of a day or two so difficult/expensive to have all that resource ready to go with the short term requirements

It will be an ip phone system.  Absokute doddle to add more handsets into any government building and give the a screen to see calls waiting etc.

Why on earth don't people have the option to book their jabs remotely when the letter arrives and this echo don't want to do that phone 111.  I have a family member on her third day of trying and they are talking of ramping up to 1000 a day.  Shambles

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, quilp said:

Anything that puts off the average reader of that "newspaper" from wanting to move themselves over here is a good thing in my opinion.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

I understand there were also others who were literally sat at home in the sunshine on full pay.

Probably playing on the internet...................sound familiar?:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Banker said:

You’re obviously one of them on full pay as fully paid up member if I love Howie party 😀

well if he's David Ashford he must be

• Like 1

2 hours ago, quilp said:

Well it's 58 according to last night's figures, so that might be the most accurate statistic the Daily Mail publishes all year.

I particularly liked the map they published for their more geographically-challenged readers:

image.png.a5398a559e327798e32f537ae3d2d7ec.png

Showing Ramsey as the only significant place on the Island and the important Welsh town of Llandudnow.  And that red dot suggesting the real source of infection is Amlwch. 

Edited by Roger Mexico
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

.....Facebook

Unfortunately I’ve been contacted by someone who attended the gig I put on at the hydro on the 26th feb, saying they have tested positive for Covid-19. So with that being the case I’m asking everyone who turned up that night to self isolate and to book a test. This for their own good and for the good of the community. Stay safe peeps !
EDIT: no need to book a test or to take any further steps if you do not have any symptoms
20 comments
103 shares

So, when we look at where we are today, the wheels have come off, big style since New Year

• We're in lockdown number 3
  • Number of cases already greater than during lockdown 2
  • Unexplained cases popping up all over the place, and no tracing seems able to connect them
  • Steam Packet protocols failed, which is probably the root cause of LD3
  • Vaccinations miles behind all other home nations and CD's (we are clearly last of all locations that should be benefiting from UK success in this area)
  • Vaccination programme kicked-off at a very slow pace, because 'It isn't a race' per HQ. This has set the tone for the ongoing slow progress
  • Scandal of throwing vaccines away - OK only a tiny %, but the PR is desperate
  • Hardly any vaccinations taking place today (c30 on dashboard)
  • Inflexibility over using our huge stock of vaccines in a more flexible way
  • Communications strategy in disarry with midnight messaging, or being left trailing by problem venues own messages 
  • 111 system not working - not clear if it is technical or overwhelmed by calls
  • Complaints about archaic booking process for vaccines, which seems to not be scaleable as they try to ramp up numbers
  • HQ freely admitting that the level of vaccinations needs to be higher to consider more a different overall approach

It doesn't bode well for getting out of this, in three weeks.

Does make you feel that what happened last year was more luck, than anything else.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

I think this may end up worse than lockdown 1 in all honesty, every day it’s new venues, different places on the island, showing it’s a widespread outbreak and in no way is if contained.

Agreed. The free for all for over a week after Java was ridiculous.

I'm not saying they should have jumped into a full lockdown but social distancing and restrictions on gatherings was a no brainer.

You could see the current situation coming a mile off.

I see Kensington Group Practice has also now been added as a low risk venue. Can't see that ending well.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Agreed. The free for all for over a week after Java was ridiculous.

I'm not saying they should have jumped into a full lockdown but social distancing and restrictions on gatherings was a no brainer.

You could see the current situation coming a mile off.

Absolutely true. But if you had written that even a week ago you would have been dismissed as a 'Karen'.

You would have been told that you were welcome to social-distance but that there was no reason why anyone else should.

• Like 3