IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, Andy Onchan said:

I believe he said patients would be offered the option of standby. That was my understanding. My wife could be down there in 30 mins max.

CBA going back to listen again but I'm sure he said you had to ask as my response was "Why the fuck should you have to ask, it should be being offered!"

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

36 is the highest ever recorded daily figure isn’t it?

Highest previous one was 32 on 9 April, which was out of 210 tests.  They'd only got 16 tests back the previous day (8 positive), so that was partly backlog.

Recently they've been doing around 220 tests a day though yesterday was 366.

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

Withdrawn financial services from essential workers so can’t send kids to schools, why were financial services ever classed as essential??

A friend of mine owns an opticians in Douglas. They've been classified as key workers in primary care and must remain open, able to access hub schools. They're also finding themselves ineligible for much - if any - financial assistance because they can remain open. But nobody wants to go for a damn eye test right now and the staff aren't particularly amused wearing masks all day.

I think there are many sectors that we really must ask if we'd consider them genuinely being essential.

• Like 1