IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, Barlow said:

They don't know exactly what is going on. Clearly.

How so.  What is the real palpable risk to my school age children?  Both of whom are fit m, healthy, normal weight (that's a key factor)

They are at more risk everytime they play on the rocks at the beach than they are of suffering any ill effects from COVID.

I would love to know when this is over how many of the people who are currently "cases" have any noticeable symptoms and how many were just positive results from track and trace.

I know of four families currently with "cases" not even a sniffle between them.

20 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Thinking of heist maybe? 🤨

Well on my quick maths they’ve nearly done 33k, we’ve nearly done 24k, we should be receiving the same amount of vaccine supply so the difference of 9k is probably to account for what we have in reserve?

4 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

How so.  What is the real palpable risk to my school age children?  Both of whom are fit m, healthy, normal weight (that's a key factor)

They are at more risk everytime they play on the rocks at the beach than they are of suffering any ill effects from COVID.

I would love to know when this is over how many of the people who are currently "cases" have any noticeable symptoms and how many were just positive results from track and trace.

Don't you have a clinically vulnerable daughter at home? Do you not worry about your fit and healthy children passing it on to her? I'm genuinely curious and not trying to wind you up.

Edited by Zarley
Phrasing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Out of the blue said:

I predict an earlier end to the elimination strategy than the government had anticipated. This genie may prove very hard to put back in the bottle, and the outbreak could go on until the critical mass of vaccinations amoungst the top cohorts is met. A long couple of months lies ahead until the government admits defeat.

+100

13 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

The case versus positive test issue has been argued long and hard.  Fact is there has probably never been an illness where testing has been so widespread.

40 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

How do we find out how much vaccine is in Jerseys freezer? they must have a lot less in reserve?

Jersey's vaccination statistics are here, but they don't show doses remaining[1].  Judging by the higher percentages they have used for first doses though, I assume they are using it as it comes in rather than hording it away in the er, unique, Ashford strategy.  They do have proper population estimates to work off though.

[1]  Despite several niggles (the US date format, the pastel colours, the conflicting age ranges) the Manx set-up of pre-existing software is really quite nifty with a lot of  integrated information.  Presumably it was set up by the work experience kid, now the schools are shut, maybe we'll get the niggles fixed.

28 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Just what is it that you have against teachers? I'm guessing you were constantly in trouble with them when you were a lad, probably talking back and playing the class clown. 

No. Just most of the ones I know are lazy twats with little basic grasp of reality outside of speaking to adolescents. 

• Like 1

I've just had a look at the schedule for vaccinations  https://covid19.gov.im/vaccination/vaccination-schedule-priority-groups/  which doesnt seem to be a schedule at all but more a timeline of what theyve done. Does anyone know what priority group they are currently vaccinating (1-10) and the projected dates when each will start ? If theres a link I'm just not finding please point me to it/

10 hours ago, Kopek said:

They're doing their best with a situation that they do not understand?

I alluded earlier that HQ referred to Onchan school, the Primary, maybe accidentally, could have been a problem? May have been a problem but    now over ridden by 'all schools to close'?

OK, the medical side know how this could pan out but the political side want to have their say?

To down grade the situation? Or to give their selves more time to understand? To absorb the medical advise? Or to make sure that they always have a political spin to add to the Medical advise?

Who amongst us, on election would differ?

Spitting! It is apparently a frequent problem for the Police? I merely took it to a further humorous , I hope, level, it was sarcastic and ironic and only Americans would not 'Get It' You are not, I presume, American so I presume you have chosen not to recognise the humour as was it's intent????

Has anyone shown you where the full stop is on your keyboard? Hitting the ? at the end of each sentence won't give you immunity if you write something libellous.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1