IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

It's chaos! I'm 74 with serious lung probs. and have got my first jab on Monday, (hopefully).

My sis-in-law who is 65 with no probs. has hers the day after ??

My friend who is 65 too but with diabetes  has already had his first jab last week ?? ( He has also, yesterday, received a letter telling him to phone 111 to make his first appointment) ??

These are just a couple of instances that I know about.

My appointments were made when I first phoned, their appointments were received later.

My sister living in UK is 30, no underlying health. She had a call the other day from local vax centre asking if she could come down that afternoon due to excess capacity. That's how and why the UK is going to race ahead in this.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

It's chaos! I'm 74 with serious lung probs. and have got my first jab on Monday, (hopefully).

My sis-in-law who is 65 with no probs. has hers the day after ??

My friend who is 65 too but with diabetes  has already had his first jab last week ?? ( He has also, yesterday, received a letter telling him to phone 111 to make his first appointment) ??

These are just a couple of instances that I know about.

My appointments were made when I first phoned, their appointments were received later.

It’s quite complex but my understanding is individual GP surgeries are contacted as to when to send out the letters for set ranges, of course some surgeries might have more clinically vulnerable patients than over 70s and vice versa, so this leads to GP surgeries processing letters quicker than others and effectively overlapping groups with one another, it’s like the kid with the slowest handwriting trying to copy off the kid with the fastest handwriting.

Your case isn’t the first I’ve heard, I’ve only just had my letter through for priority group 4, but I know of others that have already had theirs a few weeks previous and now had their first vaccine, I’m somewhat grateful because from all accounts they got stared at by a group pensioners as they appear otherwise healthy (as do I to be fair). 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pongo said:

Seems to me that supermarket staff are some of the main frontline workers at this point.

People touting for a certificate to go on holiday have got their priorities muddled up. 

The priorities are decided by JCVI although Ashie changed this for Steam Packet, as I posted earlier Guernsey are proposing moving  Police & teachers up priority list so suppose we could to but today on radio I’ve heard calls for taxi drivers, bus drivers, police, teachers and now you with supermarket workers 

https://guernseypress.com/news/2021/03/04/on-target-for-40000-vaccinations-by-end-of-march/

1 hour ago, horatiotheturd said:

I would love to know when this is over how many of the people who are currently "cases" have any noticeable symptoms and how many were just positive results from track and trace.

Presumably all of the unexplained ones had symptoms. If they had been identified by Track and Trace they wouldn't be unexplained

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

The priorities are decided by JCVI although Ashie changed this for Steam Packet, as I posted earlier Guernsey are proposing moving  Police & teachers up priority list so suppose we could to but today on radio I’ve heard calls for taxi drivers, bus drivers, police, teachers and now you with supermarket workers 

https://guernseypress.com/news/2021/03/04/on-target-for-40000-vaccinations-by-end-of-march/

I am assuming Guernsey are only looking to push the police up the list after they lost something like 40% of their workforce. Unfortunately it will take something like that over here for any group to be pushed up rather than be pro active and try and stop it happening in the first place.

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

BBC

Research by the Office for National Statistics suggests a number of occupations have higher-than-average death rates, including restaurant workers, taxi drivers, metal workers and shop assistants - so which group would be prioritised first and how would they be identified?

The conclusion is that a fast, efficient rollout to all adults, by age group, is the best way to achieve the target of giving all adults a first dose by the end of July.

2 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

BBC

Research by the Office for National Statistics suggests a number of occupations have higher-than-average death rates, including restaurant workers, taxi drivers, metal workers and shop assistants - so which group would be prioritised first and how would they be identified?

The conclusion is that a fast, efficient rollout to all adults, by age group, is the best way to achieve the target of giving all adults a first dose by the end of July.

Metal workers? What's all that about?

9 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Metal workers? What's all that about?

Last of the dirty/filthy industrial jobs, you’ll see them with a face like a coal miner welding, cutting, sanding and spraying all without a mask on, walk past any of the fabrication type outfits over here and you’ll see what I mean, their lungs are shot long before Covid came along.

Edited by Annoymouse
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Newbie said:

Presumably all of the unexplained ones had symptoms. If they had been identified by Track and Trace they wouldn't be unexplained

A couple with mild symptoms pro.lted the extra testing, now loads of people who didn't know they had it have found out they have.

Wouldn't be surprised if it turns out we were never "COVID Free" after the New Year lack of testing of arrivals shambles and it was just circulating in people with no symptoms or mild symptoms and people didn't get tested.

• Like 1