IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 minutes ago, Manx Yeller said:

Where are you seeing that Horatio?  I can only see reference to sponsored visits in the "Transition" phase which is May to August?

From ITV News.  Also previously posted this afternoon

open mobile menu
  • Your Area
  • Topics

Covid-19: Isle of Man publishes exit strategy

FotoJet__9_.jpg?fm=jpg&fit=fill&w=400&h=225&q=80 The Isle of Man Government has published the islands hopeful route out of lockdown and out of the pandemic.Credit: ITV Granada Reports

The Isle of Man Government has published the Island's long-term exit strategy from Covid-19.There are currently 419 active cases of coronavirus in the Isle of Man as islanders experience their third wave of the virus - the highest number recorded since the beginning of the pandemic.

While the Island remains in a 'circuit-break' lockdown, it is estimated the peak number of cases will be reached this week while school remains closed.

The new plans involve moving from an 'elimination strategy' to a 'mitigation strategy' where island life can resume with no restrictions.

This is made up of three phases - preparation, transition and release.

PHASE ONE - PREPARATION

March-April

• Little to no change to the current measures in the first phase while the Island prepares for the UK infection rate to decrease.

• Island remains in a 21-day 'circuit-breaker' lockdown after the virus started to spread in the community.

• Main purpose is to protect the vaccination rollout and monitoring restrictions.

PHASE TWO - TRANSITION

May-August

• All priority one groups being vaccinated.

• Everyone over the age of 18 offered both vaccination doses.

• Allow friends and family into the Island, providing they spend three weeks in self-isolation or two weeks, accompanied by three Covid-19 tests.

• By the end of the phase, it is hoped that the risk on hospital services will be low.

• Another 'circuit-breaker' lockdown highly unlikely.

PHASE THREE - RELEASE

September

• Strategy fully transitioned from 'elimination' to 'mitigation'.

• Government will have a better idea of how effective vaccinations are.

• Reach a level where the island will have no Covid-19 restrictions.

VACCINATIONS

Over 25,000 doses of the vaccine have been administered to Manx residents so far.

The speed of the rollout is also expected to increase after clinicians agreed to stagger the dosage for the AstraZeneca and Pfizer vaccine.

An increase in deliveries is also expected to increase the speed of the rollout with over 1000 people due to receive their vaccine every day.

There are five vaccination milestones that the government aim to reach running up to the end of September:

• Priority One first dosage (End of April).

• Adult population first dosage (End of May).

• Priority One second dosage (End of June).

• Adult population second dosage (End of July).

• Entire population vaccinated (End of September).

More information on the priority one groups can be found here.

Screen_Shot_2021-02-25_at_11.21.33__2_.png?fm=jpg&fit=fill&w=650&h=366&q=80 Over 25,000 first doses of the vaccine have been administered in the Isle of Man.Credit: ITV Granada Reports

BORDERSBased on the current projections, there will be no major changes to the Isle of Man borders before the end of April 2021, due to the threat of the UK.

There are five levels to the border framework:

• Level 5B - Key workers and controlled return of residents only.

• Level 5A - Returning residents and key workers only.

• Level 4 - Non-essential resident travel.

• Level 3B - Non-essential immediate family sponsored travel with self-isolation.

• Level 3A - Non-essential immediate family business sponsored travel with self-isolation.

• Level 2 - Non-essential sponsored travel with no isolation.

• Level 1 - Unrestricted travel.

The Isle of Man is currently in stage 5A of its borders framework.

Under the current rules, only Manx residents and selected key workers are currently allowed into the Island with strict rules on self-isolation.

The aim is to allow friends and family to enter the Island at the end of the 'preparation phase', providing they self-isolate for three weeks, or two weeks with three Covid-19 tests.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Banker said:

87 new cases, now topped 500 active but only 6 in hospital down 2

Good news re the hospital admissions. Still almost a 14% positivity rate based on 648 tests done. They seem to have had one person waiting for their result at every reporting point for the last several days which is odd.

It would be good to know how many of these cases were already isolating and how many are 'pop ups' - ie community transmission using their parlance.

Edited by madmanxpilot
  • Like 2

Even if (big if) they achieve that timetable, how is going to work? Friends and family into the Island, providing they spend three weeks in self-isolation or two weeks, accompanied by three Covid-19 tests. Can't see many having the time or will to visit just to spend so long in isolation

36 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

That said Ashford didn't seem as confident about said deliveries in yesterday's car crash of a press conference.

Did he say there was one day when then didn't get their expected delivery, so it was a good thing they'd built up some stock?

Reminded me on the convenient, but shredded, letter.

• Like 1

Thanks to the Turdster for the post above.

Call me a pedant, but I get well fed up with this oft trotted out nonsense, "The speed of the rollout is also expected to increase after clinicians agreed to stagger the dosage for the AstraZeneca and Pfizer vaccine."

It isn't true.  We will have a certain number of doses on the island at any time and a certain number of people deployed to stick needles in arms, and those factors determine the "speed" (not taking account of people who might not turn up etc.).

All that changing the gap between first and second doses does is increase the proportion of first doses for a period until a new steady state is reached because you still have to do second doses - even at the new interval.

It's politics and PR, not science.

There, I will turn off 'Roger Mexico mode' now.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Banker said:

87 new cases, now topped 500 active but only 6 in hospital down 2

87 cases in people who were all very high risk.  None in the community (that we have been made aware of)

Get vaccines sorted.  Take up the offer of track and trace app that Chris Thomas mentioned (but we all knew about anyway) that can be running next week.

Put proper steps in place to quickly ramp up testing and so 111 can cope next time and assuming no more unexplained in next two weeks then get us back to normal with systems that can actually cope.

Introduce surveillance testing of a coupe of hundred random people a day to look out for any unknown community transmission and accelerate todays poxy plan about ten fold

Edited by horatiotheturd
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, madmanxpilot said:

Good news re the hospital admissions. Still almost a 14% positivity rate based on 648 tests done. They seem to have had one person waiting for their result at every reporting point for the last several days which is odd.

I think DR glover explained it as possibly a faulty swab or test that had to be redone.

• Like 1

Just now, The Old Git said:

Did he say there was one day when then didn't get their expected delivery, so it was a good thing they'd built up some stock?

Reminded me on the convenient, but shredded, letter.

It reminded me that he is becoming a laughing stock

2 minutes ago, Peter Layman said:

Even if (big if) they achieve that timetable, how is going to work? Friends and family into the Island, providing they spend three weeks in self-isolation or two weeks, accompanied by three Covid-19 tests. Can't see many having the time or will to visit just to spend so long in isolation

Doesn't matter.  At least its finally an option for the ones who would have happily done it with zero risk to anyone else months ago.

We have 6 immediate family desperate to do it who are already looking at somewhere to isolate.  

I can't do it due to my circumstances, but stupidly they could actually isolate with family here if the family did a day trip to travel back with them! Where is the logic in that?

If they could get their arses in gear and sort for the UK easter school.holidays that would help a lot of people.

2 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

They seem to have had one person waiting for their result at every reporting point for the last several days which is odd

Probably the same person.

Here is the full exit document produced by CoMIN.

https://covid19.gov.im/media/1573/exit-framework.pdf

(Not one mention of public mental health)

• Like 1

I've been intrigued at the prospect of what kind of "Exit Framework" document this GOV could produce and I can honestly say I am not disappointed. I can't imagine how long it took the CS and their consultants to produce this but I can imagine the back slapping and congratulations going on now.

32 superficial pages of pretty pictures, graphics and interminable statements of the blindingly obvious to flesh out the content, all of which completely fail the "so what" test. 

Regurgitation of the already globally well known and policies which could be logically expected by anyone with a couple of synapses , all caveated by the endless use of the word "hope" to ensure no pressure.

Don't waste your time. I suspect enough already has been.

Edited by Lewis
Typo
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Lewis said:

I've been intrigued at the prospect of what kind of "Exit Framework" document this GOV could produce and I can honestly say I am not disappointed. I can't imagine how long it took the CS and their consultants to produce this but I can imagine the back slapping and congratulations going on now.

32 superficial pages of pretty pictures, graphics and interminable statements of the blindingly obvious to flesh out the content, all of which completely fail the "so what" test. 

Regurgitation of the already globally well known and policies which could be logically expected by anyone with a couple of synapses , all caveated by the endless use of the word "hope" to ensure no pressure.

Don't waste your time. I suspect enough already has been.

I've run out of emoticons so will say +1 for this post instead.

• Like 1