IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

10 minutes ago, Declan said:

So they're not setting a target for infection in the UK before border changes?

Yes.  Its such a well thought out policy that if the UK suddenly went back to only testing those presenting with symptoms we could open the border despite nothing actually having changed.

Same as how they never updated the original plan when the UK vastly increased who they were testing and so cases obviously rose.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Have you noticed how much of the rest of the world is starting to disagree with you?

"

The AstraZeneca vaccine too is being said to be more effective when its second dose is given three months after the first, instead of six weeks, a peer-reviewed study published in The Lancet medical journal says.

Efficacy was found to be at 81 per cent with the longer interval of 12 weeks between the first and second dose, compared with 55 per cent efficacy up to the six-week gap, according to the Lancet study."

If this is proven then that's just blown a hole in the IOM vaccination process, especially for the most vulnerable. 55%? Will they need a 3rd jab?!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Would love to believe that. Unfortunately I can already hear "its better to do it right than quickly".

Still amazed that the concepts of global pandemic and economic crisis does not instil the importance of doing both.

Well, when you get paid without fail every month you don't need to worry about such trivialities.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

Is this an assumption, or have you seen a statement saying that all the new cases were already in self isolation?

87 new cases of COVID-19 have been detected in the Isle of Man in the past 24 hours.

The government said that all individuals are self-isolating along with members of their household, and further tests will be offered.*

*Not clear if they were already self-isolating or not!

Contact tracing continues.

It brings the current number of active Covid-19 cases on the island to 506, with six people in hospital.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=60954&headline=87 new cases of Coronavirus detected&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2021&cat=Health

Edited by code99
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Cambon said:

We are, and we should have stuck to the original program. The end dates would have been the same, but there would have been better coverage of the most vulnerable. 

The UK population is 63,000,000

The highest case number any day in March is 6300.

Ours is 86,000

Their worst day in March is an infection rate of 0.01%

To equal that calamitous figure we would need 8.6 positives a day.

That is their worst day in March remember, and we are recording an average over the last three days of nearer 10 times that.

6 minutes ago, code99 said:

87 new cases of COVID-19 have been detected in the Isle of Man in the past 24 hours.

The government said that all individuals are self-isolating along with members of their household, and further tests will be offered.*

It brings the current number of active Covid-19 cases on the island to 506, with six people in hospital.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=60954&headline=87 new cases of Coronavirus detected&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2021&cat=Health

It is not clear.  The fact there is ongoing contact tracing is suggestive a number of these cases were not in isolation.  The lack of clarity on a point that is so important is bewildering. 

• Like 2

I see virtual Tynpotwald has voted to postpone the local parish pump elections from April to July 2021. What I find somewhat strange is that various events have been cancelled, and yet islanders are denied basic freedoms especially in the guise of the border strategy. If the island residents are in some respects being held hostage till September, then it is fair to say that the local parish pump elections should be held at the same time as the general election - perhaps this may cut down on additional costs to the taxpayers. 

I can see very unhappy and restive electorate  especially if the UK starts to lift regulations in June/July whilst the island continues to adopt its snail like policy.

33 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

Is this an assumption, or have you seen a statement saying that all the new cases were already in self isolation?

Rather depends on what the Manx meaning of self isolation is. But as you must isolate if you are tracked and traced - until you’ve had the test, and if you develop symptoms and ring 111 you are directed to isolate until tested - every one who tests positive was in isolation at the time of testing.

34 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, code99 said:

Conspiracy of the day March 9th.

40 minutes ago, code99 said:

The words used in previous releases were along the lines of:  '....were already in self isolation and have had this period extended'. As that's not been mentioned this time, along with the mention of contact tracing, I'd be almost certain they were not already in isolation.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

The UK population is 63,000,000

The highest case number any day in March is 6300.

Ours is 86,000

Their worst day in March is an infection rate of 0.01%

To equal that calamitous figure we would need 8.6 positives a day.

That is their worst day in March remember, and we are recording an average over the last three days of nearer 10 times that.

Cannot read and cannot do maths either! 

Highest daily new case numbers at peak was over70,000. Equivalent of over 100 here

Edited by Cambon
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Cannot read and cannot do maths either! 

Highest daily new case numbers at peak was over70,000. Equivalent of over 100 here

You are going to have to help me out here then since I am so thick.  I would greatly appreciate it.

I said you thought the island was in a better position than the UK.  

You said we were.

I used the figures I quoted to say we weren't.

What haven't I read or added up? Give me a clue and I can fix it and realign my thinking and clear misunderstanding?