IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I had a headache and sore legs today. Could have been a load of things that caused them. Am I supposed to get a covid test and isolate everytime I get those things?

At the moment I would say yes.

People don't though, because they don't want to be stuck at home even more than lockdown already dictates.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I had a headache and sore legs today. Could have been a load of things that caused them. Am I supposed to get a covid test and isolate everytime I get those things?

Hang on: Weren't you boasting about being out and about in the pub in Laxey and off for a carvery the other week when most sensible people could see that the virus was spreading in the community?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, horatiotheturd said:

Gaming businesses don't need to travel?

They don't go to negotiate sponsorship agreements?

They don't go to trade shows?

They don't have BDMs whose whole job is to travel around the world and generate business?

They don't Schmooz their best clients and suppliers all over the world?

What planet do you live on?

A parallel one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pongo said:

Hang on: Weren't you boasting about being out and about in the pub in Laxey and off for a carvery the other week when most sensible people could see that the virus was spreading in the community?

Never went for a carvery. Wish I had though. Missed out

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pongo said:

You'll probably find that the customer would rather you stopped hassling them for a face-to-face. "Relationship managers" *are the worst for that.

Actually that’s totally untrue. I was talking to a financial advisory firm in the UK last week that ran a very successful pilot of virtual advice for most of last year. They found Zoom advisors worked well (and saved costs) up until the last two months. The reason? Most of their older retired clients have now been vaccinated and don’t want Zoom meetings anymore so they’re having to put people back in cars to travel to safe socially distanced appointments. I think what you’re touting is a myth that’s born from circumstances. As soon as those circumstances change hardly anybody will want to perpetuate a lonely virtual existence even if it’s less efficient. 

Edited by CowMan
Typo for
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Anyone think of any examples of such places? Places where you could literally be awful at your job, let down all your customers, spend all their money, make decisions that would get you fired anywhere else and yet still get a guaranteed payrise every year and a gold standard pension?

I think they're called banks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Or works somewhere where your "customers" just land in your lap and have no alternative to go elsewhere regardless of how you perform?

Anyone think of any examples of such places? Places where you could literally be awful at your job, let down all your customers, spend all their money, make decisions that would get you fired anywhere else and yet still get a guaranteed payrise every year and a gold standard pension?

Most civil servants like Pongo 😀

25 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

DOI Management and Design Teams?

• Haha 1

Just now, CowMan said:

Actually that’s totally untrue. I was talking to a financial advisory firm in the UK last week that ran a very successful pilot of virtual advice fir most of last year. They found Zoom advisors worked well (and saved costs) up until the last two months. The reason? Most of their older retired clients have now been vaccinated and don’t want Zoom meetings anymore so they’re having to put people back in cars to travel to safe socially distanced appointments. I think what you’re touting is a myth that’s born from circumstances. As soon as those circumstances change hardly anybody will want to perpetuate a lonely virtual existence. 

Elderly clients maybe.

Wealthy younger people haven't time to be talking to glorified sales people who often aren't especially bright. And are wise to the whole business of being upsold on financial services by people who know less than them about markets today.

2 minutes ago, pongo said:

Still - you'd surely better get tested if those are your symptoms. 

It's ok I know exactly where my 'symptoms' came from. Looking at a computer screen all day and doing a 10 mile walk. 

I was making a point those symptoms could come from a hundred different things. Just seems a bit generic

4 minutes ago, pongo said:

Elderly clients maybe.

Wealthy younger people haven't time to be talking to glorified sales people who often aren't especially bright. And are wise to the whole business of being upsold on financial services by people who know less than them about markets today.

That’s total rubbish to be honest. Advisers don’t up sell anymore either. They’re qualified professionals that sell on need and quality of service. The virtual advisory model is stalling the more people get vaccinated in the UK as nobody wants to sit in their house and get advise via Zoom unless they absolutely have to. Your prophesied brave new world isn’t actually happening.

Edited by CowMan
Typo upsell
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CowMan said:

That’s total rubbish to be honest. Advisers don’t up sell anymore either. They’re qualified professionals that sell on need and quality of service. The virtual advisory model is stalling the more people get vaccinated in the UK as nobody wants to sit in their house and get advise via Zoom unless they absolutely have to. Your prophesied brave new world isn’t actually happening.

The index will outperform any fund. You're fired.

• Haha 1

Just now, pongo said:

That’s actually an incorrect statement that has nothing to do with your prophesied brave new world of everything being done over Zoom which is totally and emphatically false. People will always want direct human contact for all sorts of private transactions. The world will return to normal. There isn’t going to be a new normal. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pongo said:

It won’t, I’m involved with a few trust’s where the investment managers have outperformed the index consistently over the past 5 year and particularly over past 9 months by knowing stocks to pick 

• Like 1