IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just watching the Government broadcast.

They keep banging on that "we cannot live in a bubble forever". I think most folk would agree, but that is no reason for being slack-arse and giving the virus a chance to run rampant.

It's like going on about Brig-a-fucking-doon. Totally irrelevant and only a fool would draw a parallel in the middle of a pandemic.

So, "We cannot live in a bubble forever" is the new "lessons have been learnt"..."moving forward"....etc

Edited by Barlow

14 minutes ago, Banker said:

Kate has set out a very clear case. She’s one of the few MLCs who actually seems to be working for her money. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

I'd suggest that <1.3M of them wandering around potentially perpetuating the spread in the UK will be a bigger worry to everybody (including PHE) until we can get the rest of the population vaccinated?

And even after that it's likely to be an ongoing source of infection of a disease that we're trying to minimise at best. An unregistered cohort of potential vectors. Just what we need.

But it's the same for any transmissible virus isn't it, such as the flu? We just have to give it time for, dare I say it, the herd effect to kick in.

I saw on North West Tonight recently that one local authority had started vaccinating the homeless, some of whom I guess might also be illegal immigrants. 

On 3/5/2021 at 8:53 PM, madmanxpilot said:

I've just had a quick peek at Guernsey's latest outbreak data. They went into lockdown on 23rd Jan, had their peak number of daily cases (56) on Feb 1st, this fell over the next couple of weeks and their first day of zero cases was feb 17th. From feb 18th to date there have been ten more cases, but there have been none for the last six days. 

So, it looks like they've taken five weeks to purge the virus. If we follow a similar trend and then, like last time, take another three weeks until we break cover, this 'circuit break' is going to be an eight week job.

Time to put another home brew on.

H.E. just said basically the same thing. 6-7 weeks to go yet on LD3

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

H.E. just said basically the same thing. 6-7 weeks to go yet on LD3

It just adds fuel to the fire of annoying people by calling it a 3 week circuit break when there was absolutely 0% chance of it being 3 weeks. Also, iirc, last time, wasn't it a clear 3 weeks after the last unexplained case rather than just any new case?

• Like 2