IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, John Wright said:

If they can be bothered

But they are bothered because there's loads of non-COVID cases cited in the newspapers (presumably from either physical sittings or virtually), more than usual I would say but nothing, as has been said, about COVID breaches. I can't believe that there have been no breaches and subsequent charges whatsoever this time around.

14 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

We are likely to reach over 1,000 active cases by the early part of next week (open to some debate)

Given all of the failures with the process/procedures to-date, can anybody be 100% sure that there isn't a bit of double counting going on which is swelling the numbers to more than what they actually are? I would not be at all surprised that some of the 'new cases' are actually the same people testing positive on more than one occasion. Just wondering.

But yes, I agree, 1,000 active cases some time next week looks entirely possible.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, code99 said:

Given all of the failures with the process/procedures to-date, can anybody be 100% sure that there isn't a bit of double counting going on which is swelling the numbers to more than what they actually are? I would not be at all surprised that some of the 'new cases' are actually the same people testing positive on more than one occasion. Just wondering.

But yes, I agree, 1,000 active cases some time next week looks entirely possible.  

I don't think so mate.

Only yesterday I learned of one family friend who'd tested positive three days ago, then a day later the three remaining household members came back +++ ...

It is everywhere & going to take some time to settle down.

Old Henrietta hinted at 6 weeks, I think we can assume end of April, beginning of May unfortunately.

We have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, code99 said:

Interesting to know how many are isolating now , it was c3000 last week so must be over 4000 by now, maybe why they changed exercise rules 

Received paperwork for mine and Mrs Apple's jabs yesterday.

The booklet has been lifted from NHS UK.

Quite good actually. Credit where it's due.

Edited by Apple
typo
  • Like 1

We're over a week into a lockdown that most people broadly comply with, we should see the numbers settle and fall now.

I'm not entirely sure I see the point of even getting now tested really, if I started feeling ill I'd just stay in bed and ride it out rather than drag my sick ass all the way to the grandstand to find out what I already expected. I'd go get tested if we weren't in lockdown, that would make sense, but now? Much less so.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Yes, they should be open, and clearing shit off a beach can be socially distanced so no harm really.

Kerbside recycling has been suspended, yet bin collections haven't.  So to get rid of recycling, you have to take it to one of the recycling points if you can't store it.  

Just inconsistent without any apparent logic. 

Gladys the western amenity staff are sitting in the depot, no doubt on full pay I cannot understand why they cannot open even for mornings to allow folk to get rid of rubbish, I think the bin collections will not stop because majority are private contractors and carry on regardless and well done them for the sterling service they have provided over the last 12 month's, perhaps lots of these services deserve a clap.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

We're over a week into a lockdown that most people broadly comply with, we should see the numbers settle and fall now.

I'm not entirely sure I see the point of even getting now tested really, if I started feeling ill I'd just stay in bed and ride it out rather than drag my sick ass all the way to the grandstand to find out what I already expected. I'd go get tested if we weren't in lockdown, that would make sense, but now? Much less so.

I guess there'ill be an upside to this, in that most of those isolating with the virus will come out the other side with antibodies, theoretically adding to them to the herd that has been vaccinated. So in some ways, the more the merrier.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, horatiotheturd said:

No they didn't.  That is just down to incompetence, but a plan away from elimination this spring in line with vaccines has obviously always been intended no matter how much thousands of people seem to want to live in an unsustainable bubble.

I honestly never realised there were so many who lived here who would be happy to be cut off from the rest of the world until this all kicked off.

I personally can't get my head round how many people never seem to leave the rock.

There are lots of folk who were happy to live in their bubble years before this kicked off, listen to some of the ""boat in the morning" people on this site who are happy to stay in "brigadoon" forever.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

But then you can't do a selfie from the test centre and have loads of people ask if you r OK hun x

I agree, unless going into hospital a test seems pointless.  They have told everyone to act as if they are infected anyway so that is exactly what everyone should be doing where at all possible.

Edited by horatiotheturd

40 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

But they are bothered because there's loads of non-COVID cases cited in the newspapers (presumably from either physical sittings or virtually), more than usual I would say but nothing, as has been said, about COVID breaches. I can't believe that there have been no breaches and subsequent charges whatsoever this time around.

I think the stuff up to and including this Tuesdays Examiner was pre lock down.