IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 minutes ago, Cassie2 said:

‘It is simply unacceptable for the Chief Minister to sit as judge and jury on potential criminal matters.’

.........and , of course, this has never, ever happened here before.  Doesn't the Chief Minister (LOL) and his lackeys simply learn lessons then carry on exactly as before to sustain the status quo, legal or otherwise?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

Yes they are was my understanding & a lot due next few days which if negative will reduce numbers a lot according to Ashie 

There can't be a lot due in the next few days because there weren't that many new cases announced a fortnight ago.   There were only 25 new cases between 25 Feb and  2 Mar inclusive.  There are another 24 or so from earlier notifications not yet declared recovered, but even all those together won't make much impact for at least another week.

That lawyer had a go at 'challenging' the covid arrests last year. That didn't go anywhere. I suspect he likes a bit of promo by pretending to be anti government.

Is everyone still sticking to the fantasy story that all this came about because of a single case on the Steam Packet?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Indeed.  Yet another 'outsider' speaks.

More cracks seem to appear every day.  More voices of ascent.

Very good.  Very good.

Yes the Government and we the public need this distraction at this time. Because there’s nothing else going on at the moment of course.  Perhaps when we are over all this it may be the appropriate time to deal with all the constitutional issues .
There is an ongoing inquiry already looking into the circumstances surrounding this.

Does this advocate not have any clients he needs to spend his time working for?

Very bad. Very bad

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

There can't be a lot due in the next few days because there weren't that many new cases announced a fortnight ago.   There were only 25 new cases between 25 Feb and  2 Mar inclusive.  There are another 24 or so from earlier notifications not yet declared recovered, but even all those together won't make much impact for at least another week.

Well that’s what he said, next few days could mean upto Monday/Tuesday suppose we’ll found out from numbers next few days

18 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Well that’s what he said, next few days could mean upto Monday/Tuesday suppose we’ll found out from numbers next few days

9 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

That lawyer had a go at 'challenging' the covid arrests last year. That didn't go anywhere. I suspect he likes a bit of promo by pretending to be anti government.

Is everyone still sticking to the fantasy story that all this came about because of a single case on the Steam Packet?

No, I don't. More than person that stepped off the boat had the virus. And whoever they were, I think, were people with young families and that got into at least two possibly three schools and has mushroomed from there. 

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

There is an ongoing inquiry already looking into the circumstances surrounding this.

Is there?  All we know is that Quayle says has asked Greenhow to appoint someone to look into it.  We've heard nothing more, so speed doesn't seem to be important.  And given that Greenhow is in charge of the Department that organised things with the Steam Packet some might just feel that it might not be completely impartial. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

My tuppence is on community transmission from the January outbreak, given the rapid up-lifting of restrictions after lockdown 2.0. Once the genomic sequences hit the COG-UK open-access database I'll be all over that. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

Oh sorry, I wasn't doubting your reporting, just pointing out that it makes no sense if you look at the figures.  The politest thing you can say about this is that they may have lost all track of time and not know what week it is.

Incidentally I can't help feeling the Quayle's endless repeating of "Stay at Home" isn't enhanced by the fact that he and Ashford feel they have to get dressed up in suits and come to the office in order to do an online press conference.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Banker said:

apparently people are now dumping green waste at happy valley, not sure where that is but it will get worse particularly with green waste 

So why create green waste that needs tipping? Are people so thick, that if they aren't able to legally dispose of green waste, they can't figure out creating it will become an issue? Does grass need cutting atm, or do cuttings need to be collected for that matter? Do hedges need trimming now? Do the government really need to walk the population through these exceedingly simple, common sense steps? 

Edited by Tricky
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

No, I don't. More than person that stepped off the boat had the virus. And whoever they were, I think, were people with young families and that got into at least two possibly three schools and has mushroomed from there. 

That could well be the index case as I personally know people with kids associated who had to isolate as a direct result.

But you're right, while they linked a lot to one chain, it doesn't necessarily mean there weren't others as the second chain couldn't be linked.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rachomics said:

My tuppence is on community transmission from the January outbreak, given the rapid up-lifting of restrictions after lockdown 2.0. Once the genomic sequences hit the COG-UK open-access database I'll be all over that. 

It would certainly be nice to know. That is only if they've actually been sending a decent spread of samples.