IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

That lawyer had a go at 'challenging' the covid arrests last year. That didn't go anywhere. I suspect he likes a bit of promo by pretending to be anti government.

Is everyone still sticking to the fantasy story that all this came about because of a single case on the Steam Packet?

Chief Minister is happy there is nothing more than a misunderstanding!

Got to be a lot more to it.

why no police investigation?

who told the CM no offences committed?

11 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Now I have looked for this information but cannot find out one way or another, Has the buying a house or starting a new job still on the reasons for a travel exemption to be granted to people coming to the island. I know this was revoked under the last lock down and considering the position we find our selves with this outbreak it would of  again be knocked on the head. waiting for the yes you may come but isolate, As if that is going to happen. You arrive on island and rock up to your new property, Shit no milk or food/cleaning products. Go online and order them up, Success have a slot in two months, Best nip down to Tescos then. Or is it the cynicism creeping in. 

Yes they are exemption along with compassionate 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Max Power said:

I suspect that the number of tests will fall with the number of those experiencing symptoms or being contact traced too? In view of lockdown, fewer people will need tracing?

I am not sure. Everyone who has tested positive, or asked to isolate are tested on day 1,7 &13. That is thousands of tests. 

2 hours ago, Uhtred said:

Well, let’s be fair, I’m local to here but when I went to Gravesend and said ‘This is a fucking shithole’ I wasn’t wrong

The first time I went to Gravesend, I passed a burnt out stolen car on the way in and when I reached the centre gazed upon a smouldering nightclub that had been torched by travellers who had been refused entry on the previous evening. Gravesend is indeed a shithole.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Yes. That is what I mean. Hundreds of tests per day over the next 2-3 weeks, but vastly reduced number of positives after this weekend.

Depends who they test and I am sure they will be very selective.

Plus unfortunately it doesn't matter how many tests they can do as they still haven't figured out how to efficiently book people in or get the results back.

2 hours ago, Barlow said:

Can I be the first to coin an annoying phrase: Steam Packet Gate?

ETA:

Steamiegate?

I’ve been waiting years for a conspiracy to surround the theft of garden access facilities in the far north of the Island so that we have Sandygategategate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4