IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

To be fair to Dr Ewart, the skeet is that she argued for an early lockdown this time

If that is the case, she should have argued stronger. I realise that at some stage a politician will and should have a final say, but they have always said they follow the science and advise from the clinicians.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Depends on how you define intelligence.  They do, however, indicate a level of knowledge and analytical thought. 

Yep, I couldn't agree with you more.

23 minutes ago, Zarley said:

I mentioned on Wednesday evening that a crew member had a positive test result that morning.

ETA:  Sorry Andy, I just realised you were talking about the community spread. I'm talking about the two new, and likely additional, cases on the SP. They were probably contact traced from the person who got their result Wednesday.

Sorry, it's been a crazy morning in my little bubble. 

I probably should have qualified my post by saying that I believe the initial outbreak (attributed to only one IOMSCo crew member) was caused by more than one crew member stepping ashore with the virus. The day after (2 days max I think) the first was announced there were two unidentified cases that couldn't be linked to the first one, or so they said at the time.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Apple said:

Yes.

The lockdown will be extended even further now in my view.

Why? Explain your logic?

To date world-wide there have been 2.6M deaths (out of 7.5 BILLION) of, from or with this virus.  Many parts of the world are coming out of lockdowns and societal oppression, including our friends across the water - so explain your thinking, please.

I'm taking a wild guess that it's as devoid of logic and rational problem solving as the parish council normally applies to policy formulation.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

It takes great skill and mental dexterity to write up a set of rules whereby nobody that matters is at fault when it goes wrong.

Come now, my friend.  It's a skill honed over decades and forms part of the CS promotion exams; inability to think and write  bullshit and that's the end of your career - AO for life.

5 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

I probably should have qualified my post by saying that I believe the initial outbreak (attributed to only one IOMSCo crew member) was caused by more than one crew member stepping ashore with the virus. The day after (2 days max I think) the first was announced there were two unidentified cases that couldn't be linked to the first one, or so they said at the time.

Yep. As I said, I realised that was what you meant after I posted. And you're probably correct. Hopefully Dr Glover's anticipated genomics report will shed some light. 

The person I mentioned on Wednesday was most definitely infected at work. I can't explain why because it would necessitate revealing their exact, potentially identifying, personal circumstances and I'm not going to do that.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Depends on how you define intelligence.  They do, however, indicate a level of knowledge and analytical thought. 

but we  need common sense and practical ,   plenty of folks with ologys that can't tie their own shoe laces.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

It takes great skill and mental dexterity to write up a set of rules whereby nobody that matters is at fault when it goes wrong.

They perfected it with the MEA.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

Why? Explain your logic?

To date world-wide there have been 2.6M deaths (out of 7.5 BILLION) of, from or with this virus.  Many parts of the world are coming out of lockdowns and societal oppression, including our friends across the water - so explain your thinking, please.

I'm taking a wild guess that it's as devoid of logic and rational problem solving as the parish council normally applies to policy formulation.

I'm inclined to agree with Apple. The terrible trio, as well as the rest of CoMin, will be crapping themselves over the sad news and will engage in knee-jerkery of the highest order. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

As there was nobody in hospital with covid until this outbreak began, I would suggest it is almost certain that they did.

Despite David Ashford actually saying in the briefing yesterday that some of those in Nobles with COVID acquired it while in the UK for hospital treatment, and so certainly doesn't?

Edited by horatiotheturd