IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

The vaccination dashboard has now been updated. 17,746 vaccines in stock yesterday, all allocated to first dose. However, only 2,183 first doses booked at Hubs. Gonna need to do some heavy duty booking in the next couple of days to start using it up. Are we still at 1,000 per day maximum or are they able to increase this? It really doesn't make much sense, there's no urgency at all.

Just now, piebaps said:

Danoo

The government have a dedicated COVID web page here https://covid19.gov.im/

There's an FAQ section here https://covid19.gov.im/general-information/circuit-break-faq-what-you-need-to-know/

This has a Private Test question here https://covid19.gov.im/general-information/on-island-private-covid-19-pcr-test/

Read and enjoy:D

But beware if you're English you will have to pay double the fee! It's a local service for local people only! :D (only joking!)

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Manx Yeller said:

The vaccination dashboard has now been updated. 17,746 vaccines in stock yesterday, all allocated to first dose. However, only 2,183 first doses booked at Hubs. Gonna need to do some heavy duty booking in the next couple of days to start using it up. Are we still at 1,000 per day maximum or are they able to increase this? It really doesn't make much sense, there's no urgency at all.

How do you come to that conclusion?

I'm afraid I have no confidence in the consistency of the data. So TBH I don't really pay much attention to it.

• Like 1

Look on the bright side. We have currently on island and available, enough vaccine to double jab over 8000 people. That is good news. The Government now have to sort out the logistics, and they no longer have the supply side excuse.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Manx Yeller said:

They did 8,000 doses last week. Equivalent to 6 million in UK. Best day was 1,367.

The letters keep on going out and people continue to ring 111 or go on line to register.

This morning I received my 3rd invitation to register from Mrs Magson within 6 days. I actually registered last Monday  and was given an appointment on Tuesday,  for Saturday, so I’ve had dose 1.

Last Wednesday we had 19,000+ doses. We’ve injected 5000 since then. So we’ve also had 3750 delivered since middle of last week. It’s all down to supply. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

They did 8,000 doses last week. Equivalent to 6 million in UK. Best day was 1,367.

The letters keep on going out and people continue to ring 111 or go on line to register.

This morning I received my 3rd invitation to register from Mrs Magson within 6 days. I actually registered last Monday  and was given an appointment on Tuesday,  for Saturday, so I’ve had dose 1.

Last Wednesday we had 19,000+ doses. We’ve injected 5000 since then. So we’ve also had 3750 delivered since middle of last week. It’s all down to supply. 

And a little bit of getting ones xxxx into gear as well.:D

But good news no doubt. Expect my letter anytime soon. 55-60 group. Roll on. 

9 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

Look on the bright side. We have currently on island and available, enough vaccine to double jab over 8000 people. That is good news. The Government now have to sort out the logistics, and they no longer have the supply side excuse.

As they’re now 10 week gapping everyone that isn’t an issue any more. 8 more weeks at 1,000 day average will mean all 16+ will have had one dose before they do any more second doses.

Also means all 80+ and medical, nursing and care staff are already double dosed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dreamon said:

To put things in perspective. Derby in the UK managed to carry out 5000 jabs last week ... in a single day!

Given their population, 260,000, and assuming the Derby jab centre only serves the city, not the greater Derby area, that’s  the equivalent of 1700 here. We got to 1367.

However, if it’s the Derby & Burton Health district, 600,000, it’s less than our average of 1150 a day.