IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, Banker said:

As soon as he mentions great Manx public I’m joining you 😀

When listening to the "Briefings", I have a sort of mental bingo-card, and I metaphorically tick of all the Quayle Cliches, as they occur.                                                      There are so many, - Manx solutions for Manx problems, It's not a silver bullet, there's light at the end of the tunnel, Damned if you do and damned if you don't, It's data not dates, It's a learning curve, thank you David..etc. . . etc. I can usually get a full-house within about 5 mins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

Lots of cars parked at Bungalow at the moment. What is there up Snaefell that is essential?

Bungalow (A18 North) Webcam

People are allowed to drive elsewhere for exercise. Plus the whole ‘essential journeys only’ is merely advisory? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, manxst said:

People are allowed to drive elsewhere for exercise. Plus the whole ‘essential journeys only’ is merely advisory? 

Accepted, but it is not exactly within the terms of advice.

Where possible:

Stay local and use open spaces near to your home

Do not travel unnecessarily

Avoid communal or busy areas (parks/beaches)

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

To be fair there has been stats that there were no spikes in cases following the BLM protests last year, Fans in Tampa celebrating the super bowl win in February and Thousands of Rangers fans on the street in Glasgow 2 weeks ago

A very good point.

After a whole year there should be some sort of understanding of the spreading characteristics of the virus.

There must be so much data from the track 'n' trace, and input from scientists but still there is an air of cluelessness and hope for the best.

The Isle of Man, and indeed any island or enclosed isolated area, should be able to apply the knowledge and data gained to help understand. But there is nothing much coming from our leaders and their advisers.

I agree that STAY AT HOME and LOCKDOWN are a good tactic but we should be able to apply a bit of intelligence and understanding to the strategy

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, monasqueen said:

Accepted, but it is not exactly within the terms of advice.

Where possible:

Stay local and use open spaces near to your home

Do not travel unnecessarily

Avoid communal or busy areas (parks/beaches)

I agree. But as I’ve said, it’s purely advisory, and people of differing opinions, morals, thoughts etc use their own discretion in the absence of set rules and regulations. ‘Advice’ isn’t worth the paper it’s written on if there’s nothing to back it up with.  

1 minute ago, CallMeCurious said:

Strange I though it was 'Stay at home' unless it is for exercise or essential items like food or medicine?

It’s ‘advised’ to stay at home... (I believe- could well be proven wrong if anyone could show me the legislation otherwise!)

1 minute ago, manxst said:

I agree. But as I’ve said, it’s purely advisory, and people of differing opinions, morals, thoughts etc use their own discretion in the absence of set rules and regulations. ‘Advice’ isn’t worth the paper it’s written on if there’s nothing to back it up with.  

Yep, like the 'lost weekend'.  The excuse they don't have legisaltion was so pathetic. Could have just said Friday everyone's gone home for the weekend and we can't be asked bothering them until Monday. So please stay home.... by Monday oops. erm... we got it wrong.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KERED said:

When listening to the "Briefings", I have a sort of mental bingo-card, and I metaphorically tick of all the Quayle Cliches, as they occur.                                                      There are so many, - Manx solutions for Manx problems, It's not a silver bullet, there's light at the end of the tunnel, Damned if you do and damned if you don't, It's data not dates, It's a learning curve, thank you David..etc. . . etc. I can usually get a full-house within about 5 mins.

With the amount of Learning curves Mr Quayle has had, it has become a circle.

That is why we are right back to where we were last year, Lockdown.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/8/2021 at 3:15 PM, Banker said:

Look  taking the car out with bikes at 10.30 for 3/4 hours doesn’t constitute a quick bit of fresh air when they are supposed to be doing online teaching, my arse!!

Nor is it staying at home to stay safe! Yes it may be having a go but when lots are being deprived of income or stuck home schooling it’s galling to see the teachers & others on full pay treating as extra holidays after their 2 weeks holiday 

On 1/8/2021 at 4:16 PM, Meoir Shee said:

If it matters to you that much, maybe contact their employer or the police instead of constantly whining on here?  You seem to have a detailed log of their movements, perfectly normal behaviour.

57 minutes ago, Banker said:

Also the many idiots doing deck chairs meetings on their drives barely 2m away with kids running around and yes they’re f*ing teachers!!

I refer to my post from over 2 months ago, either contact the police or their employer.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

No, it’s ‘Should’ stay at home, rather than ‘Must’ stay at home

Which is wishy-washy. May as well say 'do what you want'.

There's a pandemic going on.