IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, Happier diner said:

To be honest I couldn't give a flying fish wether fishermen fish or not.

Eh? This 'flies' in the face of your post which indicated you really were bothered about the fisherpeople. You were 'spinning' the facts to suit yourself.

That wasn't the point. I was highlighting the point that's all.

What was your point then, again?

I am sure there is little risk as you say.

Correct. Infinitesimal...

But the point is, if we want elimination we need lockdown.

Unless everyone lock's down for eternity, elimination is an impossibility given the virus's talent for producing new and unknown variants. There won't be any elimination, not unless there's some biological or genomic miracle.

Not lockdown apart from well.....fishing as well as other things.

Eh? Is there an English version to this?

Doesn't bother me at all.

Lol, pants on fire...

I'm not an elimination fan, but I am struggling to see what course we are on.

As are lots of us...

Am I off the hook?

No.

• Like 1

A bit more on Jersey exit strategy, similar to Guernsey in that they didn’t go for a Big Bang approach ie one minute there’s a lockdown and next minute there’s no restrictions at all . Note Isle of Man is classed as red zone with many areas of UK green or amber!!

https://www.channel103.com/news/jersey-news/jersey-borders-open-to-uk-from-26-april/

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Barlow said:

Well it is going to be changed. Hence the trial and staging of the performance partnership of pals James Davis and Mark Lewin

Howard seems to be blaming it on the media questions as to why people are not getting the government message and turning off from the briefings.

That seems to be a desperate tactic to throw blame on someone else.

FWIW, I would suggest the biggest way of getting the message across during LD1, and to an extend LD2 was the law enforcement, which seems to be somewhat less enthusiastic LD3. (eg all-Island temporary speed limit)

Absolutely. Despite the ever expanding legion of media personnel in the Cabinet Office they've lost the information war, not just the battle. Which probably says more about the people they're employing than those who stand in front of the mic/camera to deliver the message.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, quilp said:

Eh? This 'flies' in the face of your post which indicated you really were bothered about the fisherpeople. You were 'spinning' the facts to suit yourself.

What was your point then, again?

Correct. Infinitesimal...

Unless everyone lock's down for eternity, elimination is an impossibility given the virus's talent for producing new and unknown variants. There won't be any elimination, not unless there's some biological or genomic miracle.

Eh? Is there an English version to this?

Lol, pants on fire...

As are lots of us...

No.

Come on quilp. You are normally one of the brighter one.

My point is that the government message is not clear. Only make ESSENTIAL journeys...oh and fishing...oh and a sightseeing trip around the island. I am not disputing the mental benefits of your pleasures, but if everyone did it there would be 000's of cars on the roads. 

1 hour ago, quilp said:

There have been people banged up on remand without a test. What would you expect to happen? 

I'm not talking about this person being arrested I'm talking about you questioning why it wasnt classed a risk. Youve said yourself the staff knew so what more did you want doing? 

19 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

To be honest I couldn't give a flying fish wether fishermen fish or not. That wasn't the point. I was highlighting the point that's all. I am sure there is little risk as you say. But the point is, if we want elimination we need lockdown. Not lockdown apart from well.....fishing as well as other things. Doesn't bother me at all. I'm not an elimination fan, but I am struggling to see what course we are on.

Am I off the hook?

They've dropped elimination because THEY think the manx population don't want it and THEY keep messing it up. They haven't actually asked what the "Great Manx Public" want and they are just making assumptions on our behalf.

Yes it would be nice to go on holiday for a few days but it would be nicer still not to have to go everywhere in a mask and to have to queue to get into shops. Just because the UK have been living like this for a year doesn't mean we should have to if we don't need to. Massive amounts of people are living in furlough in the UK this is not what we want. Ask anyone in the hospitality industry what they of it.

3 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

They've dropped elimination because THEY think the manx population don't want it and THEY keep messing it up. They haven't actually asked what the "Great Manx Public" want and they are just making assumptions on our behalf.

Yes it would be nice to go on holiday for a few days but it would be nicer still not to have to go everywhere in a mask and to have to queue to get into shops. Just because the UK have been living like this for a year doesn't mean we should have to if we don't need to. Massive amounts of people are living in furlough in the UK this is not what we want. Ask anyone in the hospitality industry what they of it.

Fair point. But isn't there only 2 choices. Elimination and carry on as normal or infection in the community and masks and social distancing until such time as we are vaccinated. I'm not really seeing which scenario you are advocating. 

11 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I'm not talking about this person being arrested I'm talking about you questioning why it wasnt classed a risk. Youve said yourself the staff knew so what more did you want doing? 

Okay, I get where you're coming from and what you're saying, I was premature. My ire got the better of me because smackhead wilfully and criminally, has possibly put my own, and others, at risk through his thoughtless actions. 

• Like 3

On 3/15/2021 at 6:29 PM, horatiotheturd said:

Go on then.

Evidence that I am wrong and there are more than single figures who have ended up in hospital as a direct result of this last COVID outbreak, and that the measures and the impact on people like Roxanne and loads of others is justified.

£50 to a charity of anyones choice if they can give absolute concrete proof by 21:00

There you are, the figures speak for themselves.

If you are banned how are you still able to use emoji's with the intention to just wind people up?

Edited by quilp
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Fair point. But isn't there only 2 choices. Elimination and carry on as normal or infection in the community and masks and social distancing until such time as we are vaccinated. I'm not really seeing which scenario you are advocating. 

No. It’s not binary. And mitigation isn’t necessarily open borders and no other measures. 

You can mix and match border control, social and community measures, vaccination. There’s no absolute answer. There’s no correct answer.

Its all a question of proportionate response to risk. Problem is different people have different assessment and acceptance levels for risk.

• Like 2