IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, pongo said:

You opposed locking down quickly. You were pleased when no lockdown was announced on the Sunday before this outbreak went nuclear. You opposed the January lockdown.

Stop being a knob Howie 😂 I am posting what’s been said, just scroll on if not interested and get back to slagging off post men again 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Banker said:

Stopping questions from our elected representatives is an abuse of power in my opinion 

Its really not.  It is a common occurrence since there is only a set amount of tine allocated for questions so it happens all the time. 

Why this one instance is being picked up on and blown out of proportion is beyond me.  They would never get anything done if they just kept answering questions orally (the questions asked will still be answered the same as they always are, but in writing as they ran out of time 

6 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

!!!!!

What the fuck is this Banker?

Quoted Dr Brink !! Obviously Comin had data on infections in schools which they didn’t reveal to the public when the decision not to lockdown was made & regrettably I believed Howies explanation which was obviously flawed.

I have consistently mentioned our vaccinations roll out as compared to others particularly Channel Islands and with only 8 first doses in last 2 days it’s going backwards again 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

That last bit.

All of this, all of it, is exactly because of that. They go on and on about the '7 months of normality' last year, which they should have used to get prepared for everything, and yet here we are.

Oh, and its our fault.

7 months to plan a vaccine rollout.

7 months to put rules around bubbles in place for if/when we locked down again.

7 months to make sure a plan was in place for key workers kids if/when it got into schools.

7 months to sort a proper support scheme for people who can’t work.

etc etc.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

The Al Jazeera report was based on a Report from the New & Emerging Respiratory Threats Advisory Group last updated in February.  That looked at a variety of ways of assessing the increased deadliness of the variant and came to the conclusion that there was "a realistic possibility that infection with VOCB.1.1.7 is associated with an increased risk of death compared to infection with non-VOC viruses", though the estimates varied between 35% and 91% more and it noted limitations with the data.

They also noted the increased transmissability that has been generally agreed on.  The A-J article also referred from another source to greater hospitalisation of younger and female patients, though I'm not sure if we've seen that here.

One thing I can't find much evidence of is Ewarts assertion that the Kent variant has a longer period of being infectious.  The only paper I could find was one published by Harvard which gave a period of 13.3 days compared to 8.2 days for other infections.  But this was based on a tiny, tiny sample of only seven cases of the Kent variant all from the same location (and probably source), so it's hardly conclusive and they didn't find a difference in viral load which others suggest.  So there needs to be more evidence before the idea is accepted.

Two adult members of our family both tested positive at 13 days and have to remain in isolation for a further 8 days (21 in total) but without a test on day 21.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Andy Onchan said:

Two adult members of our family both tested positive at 13 days and have to remain in isolation for a further 8 days (21 in total) but without a test on day 21.  

Do you mind sharing how they came to be tested and if anyone showed any symptoms?

Gut feeling is there are loads of households where people will be positive but unless identified as a close contact or similar they won’t be getting tested and so are going about their business shopping etc.

26 minutes ago, Howard the Duck MBE TBC said:

Its really not.  It is a common occurrence since there is only a set amount of tine allocated for questions so it happens all the time. 

Why this one instance is being picked up on and blown out of proportion is beyond me.  They would never get anything done if they just kept answering questions orally (the questions asked will still be answered the same as they always are, but in writing as they ran out of time 

But there's nothing quite like hearing it from the horses mouth, is there?

• Like 1

Just now, trmpton said:

Do you mind sharing how they came to be tested and if anyone showed any symptoms?

Gut feeling is there are loads of households where people will be positive but unless identified as a close contact or similar they won’t be getting tested and so are going about their business shopping etc.

Both symptomatic. One told to isolate by T&T and linked to someone who tested positive from within their office building. The other probably caught from the one already isolating. Both have been informed that it is/was the Kent variant.

However, I have my own theory as to who they contracted it from...... one of the two kids in the same household. I think the latest info on the Kent variant suggests it's more transmissible via children asymptomatically (one of whom tested positive but is absolutely fine, the other tested negative but that was probably because of insufficient load on the swab). 

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Henny said there’s been a number of instances where day13 tests have been positive but there is absolutely no evidence anywhere of anyone being positive after 21 days hence no further tests required 

10 minutes ago, Banker said:

Henny said there’s been a number of instances where day13 tests have been positive but there is absolutely no evidence anywhere of anyone being positive after 21 days hence no further tests required 

Is that just because they haven't tested anyone at all at 21 days?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

(one of whom tested positive but is absolutely fine, the other tested negative but that was probably because of insufficient load on the swab). 

My impression, based on two observations, is that the swabbers are ‘kinder’ to children with respect to the duration and depth of the swab placement. 

• Like 2