IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

11 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56412790 if only we had the ability to do genomic testing like Iceland eh?

From the article:

When I asked Gylfi what had given Iceland this edge, he was adamant: "It has been the scientists making up the rules, not the politicians. That matters. They know what they are talking about, the politicians do not."

At every step, Iceland has followed the science, led by Prof Gudnason and his team, with politicians nowhere to be seen in the daily briefings.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

"It has been the scientists making up the rules, not the politicians. That matters. They know what they are talking about, the politicians do not."

Yeah but the way Ashie goes on, he thinks he's a scientist. That has to count for something? He's certainly deserving of his MBE for his work towards to the scientific community during this worldwide pandemic.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, slinkydevil said:

Yeah but the way Ashie goes on, he thinks he's a scientist. That has to count for something? He's certainly deserving of his MBE for his work towards to the scientific community during this worldwide pandemic.

Major Bullshit Enthusiast?

Edited by CallMeCurious
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

From the article:

When I asked Gylfi what had given Iceland this edge, he was adamant: "It has been the scientists making up the rules, not the politicians. That matters. They know what they are talking about, the politicians do not."

I'd love one of our journos to quote this and ask HQ & DA for comments!!

2 hours ago, Banker said:

1 hour ago, The Chief said:

if it was all above board and ok why scarper when the cops showed up.

Stay at home unless it is essential.

Like mountain biking and paragliding, it's hardly essential.

I suppose these people can handle Covid, they're tough cookies, but what about their 'fuck you' attitude when they pass it on to others?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Like mountain biking and paragliding, it's hardly essential.

I suppose these people can handle Covid, they're tough cookies, but what about their 'fuck you' attitude when they pass it on to others?

Have they passed it on? You do know what a "close contact" is right?

If you're masked and following distancing and hand hygiene guidance and a guy on a mountain bike passes you what are your chances of catching the virus? What about the paraglider? What's the risk there? 

The greater risk comes in a shop/supermarket. Especially in a one way system. You'll be right behind someone most of the way round and someone will be right behind you too.

I do agree about "essential" though especially for paragliding.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

I know one of the turdriders who was posting it on FB earlier - he’s a little bit special..........

He is a huge conspiracy theorist and COVID denier.

I wonder if all the assembled are like minded ? (Retarded)

Is he connected to Courtney Heading lot? Apparently they are posting letters out around the Island accusing the Government of major crimes against humanity over Covid restrictions, an elderly relative down south got one and didn't have a clue what they were going on about.

Just now, Banker said:

Is he connected to Courtney Heading lot? Apparently they are posting letters out around the Island accusing the Government of major crimes against humanity over Covid restrictions, an elderly relative down south got one and didn't have a clue what they were going on about.

I don’t think he is - I might have a copy of that letter as the current Mrs F brought one home the other day - if I find it I’ll post it