IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

32 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yes the situation we find ourselves in is full of comic potential.

Sadly, humour is often required to counter the frustration and severe disappointment at the series of mishaps. 

Was that a sufficiently diplomatic and polite response for you? 

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

Only if they have COVID & with only c20k cases pm across whole UK and only c5000 Covid patients now in hospital the numbers are expected to fall 

Are you sure about that. It isn't what it says. It says hospital admissions per 100,000 population, not hospital admissions per 100,000 people with COVID.

36 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Are you extracting the urine - or are you just a miserable git? 

I may or may not be a miserable git but I think calling the Chief Minister a Fat Farmer is not particularly helpful. Does that make me miserable?

Most people grow out of this sort of thing.

Edited by The Voice of Reason

26 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well it’s along the lines of what I expected.

For your own good then, why come on here?   You don't like any criticism of the triumvirate yet you offer little persuasive in the way of counter argument. Stick to the IOMG fan clubs who think a stirling job is being done despite the SP, testing, vaccine, genomics, letter shredding, and schools gaffes. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

But the statement is correct, whether you are miserable is anybody's guess

The statement is correct. But is it of any relevance? It was meant to insult the CM and adds nothing to the conversation.

Re myself  like everyone else I guess I can can be miserable on occasion 

2 hours ago, Newbie said:

Impressive reductions, but even so, if the figures are correct, it would mean 9-10,000 hospital admissions a month across the UK in the under 65's once they are all fully vaccinated. Presumably a lot more on top of that from the over 65's

When speaking, they explained that the slide is after one dose, there is a significant improvement after the second. 

The slide shows hospitalisations as a proportion of infections at a given rate. As two shots of the vaccine reduces infection by circa 95%, the chance of that many people actually getting infected will be minimal.