IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

10 hours ago, kevster said:

A UK vaccination centre shown on this evenings 10pm news..... Not a skirting board in sight!

Untitled.png

10 hours ago, Barlow said:

Yes, I see some in CoMin have picked up on the skirting board thing. I agree skirting doesn't cost that much, even if it is fixed, painted, sealed top and bottom.

It is more an indicative item, of the huge amount spent on the vaccination centres.

As in, moveable purpose built hospital screens don't need, erm, any skirting board at all.

9 hours ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Pointless you say?

Understanding the points. However consider the fact that it is now looking almost certain that this merry go round is going to run for at least 2 years and maybe even 3. Further consider that its looking like we'll all be queuing up again for tweaked booster vaccines from September until Christmas and then as more variants come along probably the same again next Easter. Given that likelihood the cost of Chester Street will start to appear better value. The UK are considering building drive through hubs as clearly they see the same thing happening. 

Re. The partitions. When I went I thought they gave a degree of privacy but also made it easier to hear what was being said. I didn't think it was over the top/opulent. The skirtings were only small bullnose skirtings which are the cheapest you can get:hug:

Given the rate of vaccine development I would predict that nasal spray administration will not be long in being available. Maybe even to the point of being self administered ?

13 hours ago, Out of the blue said:

Chasing elimination is going to get very irritating, as it appears that any slip with this Kent variant spawns a new case. Given the exit plan timeframe, vaccination program and a general unwillingness by many to go into a lockdown as strict as last year, we are unfortunately going to have to put up with some restrictions and hopefully released from lockdown, or else we will be resetting the clock repeatedly for a bloody long time. Can you imagine today’s case coming after two weeks with no unknown cases, it will be like slow torture. I really do hope that we get no more unknown cases and normality resumes, but the pragmatic side of me says let’s just get on with it.  If we don’t, I suspect Barlow nerves will be in shreds after several more ‘resets’ 😉.

Yes I agree. As things are, IMO, its worth continuing on this course for the time being. However, there may come a point where repeated open up/ lockdown/ open up/ lockdown becomes worse (for both our health and the economy) than living with long term minor restrictions (Pubs, bars, nightclubs closed etc.) in the medium term.

If we can get aligned with the UK there would be no reason for having a closed border. We could allow free movement for residents so long as they do not venture beyond the UK shores.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Interestingly my taxi driver tonights brother had to go to A and E on Sunday and they werent interested in testing for covid . Anyone else think this is surprising ? 

It surprises me that they're not taking every possible opportunity to offer people a test. Maybe they're afraid of finding asymptomatic cases. 🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

That was very brave of you to admit on a public forum...we kept our would-be taxi driver brother in the attic for several years before sending him to live with a distant relative.

If you read it again, it wasn't his brother. It was tonights brother. :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, Apple said:

Given the rate of vaccine development I would predict that nasal spray administration will not be long in being available. Maybe even to the point of being self administered ?

With some countries and companies requiring proof of vaccination, self administrated doses may not be for everyone.

2 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

With some countries and companies requiring proof of vaccination, self administrated doses may not be for everyone.

I think the nasal vaccines are usually "live" vaccines - the flu one certainly is. Some people can't have live vaccines, myself included.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

If we can get aligned with the UK there would be no reason for having a closed border. We could allow free movement for residents so long as they do not venture beyond the UK shores.

How do you propose to police that? Ankle tags?

1 minute ago, Zarley said:

I think the nasal vaccines are usually "live" vaccines - the flu one certainly is. Some people can't have live vaccines, myself included.

Good point. I was thinking more about it being difficult to prove that you've actually taken it. Unless there is a way for that to happen, I couldn't see those that require proof accepting it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zarley said:

How do you propose to police that? Ankle tags?

I thought that. Impossible.

The U.K. is opening up to Europe May 17.

This lockdown is irreversible (and the last) & people are just going to have to make & take their own risk assessments moving forward.

A lot will struggle with this concept.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Two guys on scaffolding bricklaying is not construction? Or three roofers slating are not in construction? 

Not in the definition we are working to. Construction seems to be defined as major projects employing numerous people at the same time. E.g Prom, Building sites, QB road, Pulrose Bridge. These are CLOSED. 

Small tradesmen are permitted to work, roofers, builders, gardeners, landscapers