IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Not in the definition we are working to. Construction seems to be defined as major projects employing numerous people at the same time. E.g Prom, Building sites, QB road, Pulrose Bridge. These are CLOSED. 

Small tradesmen are permitted to work, roofers, builders, gardeners, landscapers

It's laughable, it really is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

I thought that. Impossible.

The U.K. is opening up to Europe May 17.

This lockdown is irreversible (and the last) & people are just going to have to make & take their own risk assessments moving forward.

A lot will struggle with this concept.

FFS don’t tell Pongo that, he’ll be be devastated 😂

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Banker said:

Anyone know what queues are like at eastern amenity centre , asking for a friend who’s got a load of shit from garage to dump 😂

Only taking certain items. Check the website to see if yours applies, else they refuse you entry. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, madmanxpilot said:

Good point. I was thinking more about it being difficult to prove that you've actually taken it. Unless there is a way for that to happen, I couldn't see those that require proof accepting it.

I know some places are accepting either proof you've been vaxed or that you've had a negative test within a day or two. 

The thing with a negative test however, is how to they prove you've taken it properly also bearing in mind these can be self administered?  Never mind whether you've tickled your brain to get a proper sample, but you could for all intents and purposes stick it up your cat's arse and it would come out negative.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

I thought that. Impossible.

The U.K. is opening up to Europe May 17.

This lockdown is irreversible (and the last) & people are just going to have to make & take their own risk assessments moving forward.

A lot will struggle with this concept.

As much as I agree we need to move on, there is no way uk is opening yo Europe on May 17. Boris has already pretty much said that. 

19 minutes ago, Cambon said:

As much as I agree we need to move on, there is no way uk is opening yo Europe on May 17. Boris has already pretty much said that. 

Maybe slightly delayed but fairly nailed on for pubs etc opening on time & opening fully up mid June which you also said wouldn’t happen 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

FFS don’t tell Pongo that, he’ll be be devastated 😂

It's lovely that you think about me so much and so often. I am genuinely moved. Thank you.

I am very much looking forward to the current lockdowns ending. Especially in the hope that it will at least pause the constant whining from those who refuse to adapt to a world of constant change.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, pongo said:

I am very much looking forward to the current lockdowns ending.

Judging by the activity on the roads in Douglas this morning they will be changing soon. Where we are now seems impossible to maintain. The Govt would now be risking too much to carry on like this as people seem to have made up their own minds. Distinct lack of masks around as well. Have we sold out yet ?

47 minutes ago, Apple said:

Judging by the activity on the roads in Douglas this morning they will be changing soon. Where we are now seems impossible to maintain. The Govt would now be risking too much to carry on like this as people seem to have made up their own minds. Distinct lack of masks around as well. Have we sold out yet ?

I feel like the public have and I’m the same I’m watching two guys doing a flat roof today they are just cracking on and good on them.  

apart from kids not in schools and clubs and me not in the office life is pretty much normal for us I would say.....apart from not seeing the in laws (which some people would say makes it even better)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1