IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

15 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

"Fastyr Mie".....

"Fastyr Mie". It's a bit pretentious, but it is the response that is more telling.

eg:

"Good afternoon": rubs it in: don't give me that guff mate, you never said the phrase until you were well into your 30s.

"Fastyr Mie" I love you Chief Minister.

No response: drop the niceties and go straight to the questions. If you're going to give me that guff, you don't really deserve a response.

But as has been pointed out before, the pièce de résistance would be to ask a question all in Manx. I'd like to see that in House of Keys/Tynwald too.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Barlow said:

"Fastyr Mie". It's a bit pretentious, but it is the response that is more telling.

eg:

"Good afternoon": rubs it in: don't give me that guff mate, you never said the phrase until you were well into your 30s.

"Fastyr Mie" I love you Chief Minister.

No response: drop the niceties and go straight to the questions. If you're going to give me that guff, you don't really deserve a response.

But as has been pointed out before, the pièce de résistance would be to ask a question all in Manx. I'd like to see that in House of Keys/Tynwald too.

Do you mean like Peter Karran used to?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

Data not dates

Nothing to add

and

err erm err - I’ll ask David

And he’ll say I’ll ask Director of health if she has anything to add !

No I’ve nothing to add Minister that’s covered it very well 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Interesting, someone just reported that he & his 3 year old son were refused boarding of a bus by the driver as its non essential. Bus driver was very rude with it.

Apparently he doesn’t drive & wanted to take his young son to breakwater for a walk, but of fishing , traveling from Palace hotel vicinity.

getting ridiculous 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

I'm no real fan of dr henrietta birx but i can't really blame her. She must have worked out by now if someones going under the bus it's her.

She's a canny woman. so I'm not too sure.

I don't think DA has too much confidence in her (does he really like clinical qualified people anyway - I have my doubts) but he will be moving on soon, unless he asks to stay in that role. (who else would be in that frame anyway).

As for new business words, keep an eye out for "data architecture". Hancock has been using it a lot recently and he is DA's hero. It's a phrase he used to describe the Covid vaccination information programme to ensure people got called for their second dose.

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

Interesting, someone just reported that he & his 3 year old son were refused boarding of a bus by the driver as its non essential. Bus driver was very rude with it.

Was the bus driver armed by any chance....

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Banker said:

Apparently he doesn’t drive & wanted to take his young son to breakwater for a walk, but of fishing , traveling from Palace hotel vicinity.

getting ridiculous 

There's nothing worse than a jobsworth bus driver.

ETA: thinking about it, I would have asked the driver when was the last time he was in the canteen with the other drivers and whether he'd tested COVID negative.

Edited by Andy Onchan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Barlow said:

Given that I think Ewan Gawne is a first-language Manx speaker, that should certainly be possible, but I suppose he wants to keep his job.  And given the problems Quayle often has in answering questions when they are in English, how could we tell the difference?

• Haha 1