IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

24 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Wow, just wow. The Isle of Man.... Where You Can........ just keep digging and making it worse.  

The feed keeps dropping, unbelievable.  The testing fiasco over Xmas was Dr Glover's fault because she took her toys home!

Edited by Gladys

15 minutes ago, Gladys said:

The feed keeps dropping, unbelievable.  The resting fiasco over Xmas was Dr Glover's fault because she took her toys home!

The whole way they treated her is despicable.  I hope some of her naysayers are ashamed of themselves.

Those who were behind her treatment should resign and if they don't, they should bloody well be sacked. 

Edited by Zarley
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Howard stated quite clearly for him that a consultant outranks a dr. If so who is top dog on medical top trumps? Gotta be professor got to be. You can't outrank a professor no chance

My medical consultant in Liverpool is also a professor. I was told by the nursing staff to refer to him as professor as a matter of respect, so I think a professor probably would outrank. 

The man himself would never insist on being called a professor, he's too down to earth and unassuming. It's the nurses who will correct you. 

42 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I sense an interesting Tynwald debate coming up re: Dr Glover etc.

It won’t be that interesting, only that ‘lessons have been learned’ , it’s whether they actually do any genomic sequencing in the future to help stop any new variants spreading that could be vaccine resistant that will be absolutely key.

/anorak on

The Facebook viewing figures for today. The numbers did drop off for the media questions, but to retain 3.5k to the end is pretty good going. There will be Manx Radio listeners too of course.

Again, I am just rubbing in the point that the viewing/listening figures do not significantly drop off once the questions start. "100s of people writinging complaining......?" Naaah, doubt it.

The format is fine, Howard. The salient points are made in the first few minutes and the rest is just stuff to have a bevvy to or eat popcorn

The last thing we need  is a new format with James Davis and his highly paid civil servant puppet mate taking over in a show orchestrated by people who actually call themselves spin doctors. Maybe use them another phase.

966187013_20210401chart01.thumb.jpg.40b34e05babb0fafcc4e021c3da80ffb.jpg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Zarley said:

My medical consultant in Liverpool is also a professor. I was told by the nursing staff to refer to him as professor as a matter of respect, so I think a professor probably would outrank. 

I have a relative in the U.K. who is a medical doctor, the other sort of doctor, a consultant and a professor. 

He also finished the parish walk at the first attempt. 

I bloody hate him

Actually he’s a really nice down to earth bloke. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm really looking forward to reading the Hansard of today's hearing. I listened to the entire thing and it was an awful lot to take in.

I hope journalists on the island will go over it with a fine toothed comb, but I'm not holding my breath. I'll have to fire off some emails of my own, but as for getting any illuminating responses, again I'm not holding my breath. 

It's frustrating.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Annoymouse said:

It won’t be that interesting, only that ‘lessons have been learned’ , it’s whether they actually do any genomic sequencing in the future to help stop any new variants spreading that could be vaccine resistant that will be absolutely key.

'........people have died'

'........lockdowns have been had'

Would any of these have been prevented?

• Like 1

Just now, Barlow said:

'........people have died'

'........lockdowns have been had'

Would any of these have been prevented?

Trouble is nobody can answer that with any certainty without applying hindsight, hence it can (and will) be swept under the carpet. Can a future lockdown be prevented?, no, could it possibly be reduced and kept at an absolute minimum, yes.

6 minutes ago, Zarley said:

I'm really looking forward to reading the Hansard of today's hearing. I listened to the entire thing and it was an awful lot to take in.

I hope journalists on the island will go over it with a fine toothed comb, but I'm not holding my breath. I'll have to fire off some emails of my own, but as for getting any illuminating responses, again I'm not holding my breath. 

It's frustrating.

It was full on. She has made it clear and specific to me who and where the faults are. Some people will be looking at the jobs section tomorrow in my view.

Allegations of stealing copyright, people copying codes, abusing copyright which can be evidenced, letters ignored, nasty letters form AGs office, was a member of staff then wasn't, then was again - it is very murky stuff and 3 hours of it. She hardly paused for breath. If it is all true then people changes are desperately needed bacuse someone it appears may need to come clean about the whole situation.

This will cost them (or us) a lot of money. Our handling of Covid response now in tatters.

Edited by Apple
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 6