IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 minutes ago, snowman said:

if ever there was a good business case for easyjet doing direct flights to the sun, surely now is that time !

Jan at Freedom Travel wants to get weekly direct flights to Majorca back up again. I very much get the impression he has had zero help and cooperation from IOMG, probably a million and one hoops to jump through. At least with a direct flight, the authorities have an input and if necessary could test everyone upon arrival back here. Shame I would have gone again, very convenient flights.

Just now, TerryFuchwit said:

Friday?

No chance.   Schools are back Monday .

At the earliest the rest will open then.  Woudlnt surprise me though if there is some completely illogical decision made to keep people out of social settings for another week after that 

At the end of LD2 it was restrictions lifted Sunday night, back to work/school Monday. This was a mistake in my view, and they should have given folk the weekend to get out and about and see each other. It might be a little different this time with the relaxed meet outdoors 10 people thing but still.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

If by air then I'm sure airport security will have visibility to journeys, even foreign ones.

They don't. But of course they ask to see tickets and other info.

Be carefully what you say and better prepare it in advance.

As a transit traveller you don't have to do the Covid tests or register an UK address. The post on top of pag. 2016 points out to the relevant legislation.

The problem is that some immigration officers will be ignorant about it.

3 minutes ago, Escape Artist said:

They don't. But of course they ask to see tickets and other info.

Be carefully what you say and better prepare it in advance.

As a transit traveller you don't have to do the Covid tests or register an UK address. The post on top of pag. 2016 points out to the relevant legislation.

The problem is that some immigration officers will be ignorant about it.

To clarify, I was referring to IOM Airport Security/HMRC.

2 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

To clarify, I was referring to IOM Airport Security/HMRC.

For the time being, as concerns Covid, IOM does not make any distinction about the origin of travel. This may change if they start copying Jersey. But that frankly would require moving away from the whole "zero Covid" mindset: I will believe when I see it.

What HMRC has to do with it?

22 minutes ago, Banker said:

Only red zone has to quarantine in UK. Once borders open next month they will be able to check on passports if you have been abroad but assume this will only be checked if any doubt over information on your arrival form.

From what Howard said Monday we’re going to a testing scheme based on region you travel from ie copying Channel Islands 

Bound to be a total fcuking mess anything that IOMG gets involved with. The Channel Islands do things properly whilst we merely play around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

We will have a situation where only the wealthy and IOMG employees could afford to travel off the rock. Like I said this situation can’t continue much longer, unless we keep burying our heads on Douglas Beach.

I think in my quote I said returning residents should not have to pay anything

19 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

At the end of LD2 it was restrictions lifted Sunday night, back to work/school Monday. This was a mistake in my view, and they should have given folk the weekend to get out and about and see each other. It might be a little different this time with the relaxed meet outdoors 10 people thing but still.

It's pubs restaurants etc that matter.  Most people are ignoring the "cant see each other " bit anyway.  No reason to keep these closed and stop lifestyle businesses from working. 

• Like 3

Just now, Major Rushen said:

On PSM FB page a guy has a second home in PSM and is touting for  support that as he cannot visit due to IOM Gov he should not have to pay rates...... Hope he has a tin hat! In fact a response has suggested that holiday home owners should pay more.

I own a property in the UK, I haven’t been there since March 2020. I just paid my council tax for the year and water charges. 

2 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

It's pubs restaurants etc that matter.  Most people are ignoring the "cant see each other " bit anyway.  No reason to keep these closed and stop lifestyle businesses from working. 

That’s the first sensible thing you said in a while, keep it up!

1 minute ago, 2112 said:

I own a property in the UK, I haven’t been there since March 2020. I just paid my council tax for the year and water charges. 

I own a property abroad & have been paying rates,community fees, & various other costs for something I’ve been prevented from visiting