IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

25 minutes ago, John Wright said:

There were 5 live cases listed yesterday. That’s 14 days worth. One, or two, can’t be bothered searching back to see how many of them, were diagnosed on the 7th, and will have dropped off today, after 14 days.  So, with 5 in the last 24 hours I’d expect totals of  8 or 9 today.

No those figures only include the two from last night not the extra three (?) from today.  There were five shown yesterday - two known asymptomatic contacts  announced on the 8th (so they might drop off tomorrow) and three travel cases since.

Edited to add:  They have now updated the dashboard to include the extra three - though technically they shouldn't have to be consistent.  Two are asymptomatic one isn't.

Edited by Roger Mexico

I am loosely acquainted with one of the Ramsey cases, that person is usually healthy and fit but is suffering quite badly now from their infection, though not anything like a hospital case at this time.

They also received the first of their jabs @ two weeks ago.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

The dashboard is only reporting the two cases found last night rather than the five that Alex Bell reported on Twitter.  I'm not sure if his figure includes those two or is extra to them.  Both the dashboard ones are males living in Ramsey (one 50-54, one 40-44).

To confirm that Ramsey is involved, Bell has just tweeted: A pupil at Bunscoill Rhumsaa in Ramsey has tested positive for Covid. All class pupils and their families have been told to self isolate.  Together with a copy of the letter that has been sent out.

I've only just now had the chance to look at the dashboard and it is showing five new cases.

Screenshot_20210421-175122.png

Seriously though...shouldn't they be shutting pubs down in Ramsey and ordering social distancing and masks up there for a week? And recommending people based in Ramsey work from home where possible and socially distance if working in the likes of offices, construction etc.

Otherwise 10 will be 100 in no time, if 10 isn't already 100 by now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Seriously though...shouldn't they be shutting pubs down in Ramsey and ordering social distancing and masks up there for a week? And recommending people based in Ramsey work from home where possible and socially distance if working in the likes of offices, construction etc.

Otherwise 10 will be 100 in no time, if 10 isn't already 100 by now.

Listening to the debate it's all okay, this is what a mitigation strategy looks like... Even though anyone vaccinated in last three weeks won't have an effective vaccination yet.

This isn't going to end well at all is it.

Edited by Ham_N_Eggs
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Thats been updated very recently as only showing 5 historical and 2 new about a hour or so ago . 

Thanks. I did figure that, so wanted to let people know it had been charged. They also fixed the errors on the symptomatic/asymptomatic page that Roger pointed out earlier. 

ETA: I thought it typically cheeky that while they amended the data, they left the update timestamp at 3pm. Sometimes it's difficult to not feel a wee bit gaslit. 

Edited by Zarley
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, rachomics said:

That figure really depends on the brand and type of vaccination given? Even with the figure you're quoting that would mean that 20% of the people who have had their first dose have no immunity and they don't know it.

If they have zero immunity after the first dose then most probably they'll have zero immunity after the 2nd dose as well? 

First doses do provide some level of immunity, that's a fact.

33 minutes ago, rachomics said:

That figure really depends on the brand and type of vaccination given? Even with the figure you're quoting that would mean that 20% of the people who have had their first dose have no immunity and they don't know it.

No. I dont think that is what he is saying.

Isn't it that one does provides 80% effectiveness?

It's hard to believe that the vaccine is absolutely no use at all to 20% of the population.

• Like 1