IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

probably, but i can't see the need to keep the vaccination centre either.

Fwiw I have a second jab appointment booked at the airport at the end of June.

I do not see how they can keep it open though if they are going to allow increased traffic through the airport.

I assume there is enough room at Chester St to just move your appointment to there, we shall see.

2 hours ago, Cambon said:

I cannot access the Torygragh

From the article:

Oops - apologies - noted same script on previous page - still, sends the message home - OPEN THE BORDERS UNRESTRICTED ASAP>

image.png.be7de47cae016551fbecee7339251bc6.png

Edited by Utah 01
  • Thanks 1

After listening to part of the Mannin Line, I am convinced that people do not understand what take your own measures to protect yourself actually means. 

I am also pretty sure that people don't understand what protection a mask gives and to whom. 

It is so exasperating to hear so many people rendered incapable of assessing their personal risk exposure, appetite and management.  

I wonder what people did about driving, flying, crossing the road, doing the lottery, changing jobs, moving house, and otherwise going about their day to day business before covid. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Fwiw I have a second jab appointment booked at the airport at the end of June.

I do not see how they can keep it open though if they are going to allow increased traffic through the airport.

I assume there is enough room at Chester St to just move your appointment to there, we shall see.

Mine’s meant to be at the airport too, 1st July.

4 minutes ago, Gladys said:

It is so exasperating to hear so many people rendered incapable of assessing their personal risk exposure, appetite and management.  

I wonder what people did about driving, flying, crossing the road, doing the lottery, changing jobs, moving house, and otherwise going about their day to day business before covid. 

Partially to do with the fact that I'd say most people are hugely risk adverse nowadays and also have very little exposure to real risks on their sofas watching Netflix?  I genuinely think a significant portion of the population is incapable to assessing risks due to their bubble wrapped lives. 

Personally I think people need to take more risks and that everyone has a baseline stress tolerance.  'Stress' includes the body and not just the mind.  So people that exercise vigorously or do dangerous sports have a naturally higher stress threshold.  They then won't get 'stressed' by minor inconsequential things, which then contributes to mental and physical health issues.  In my experience the 'fit' and 'extreme sportsters' are generally much more chilled out in the real world. 

• Like 4

''    I wonder what people did about driving etc.....    ''

Some 150,000 injured and 1800 killed on UK roads a year.

So, not a lot of care about a long term, known danger?

Edited by Kopek

37 minutes ago, Gladys said:

After listening to part of the Mannin Line, I am convinced that people do not understand what take your own measures to protect yourself actually means. 

I am also pretty sure that people don't understand what protection a mask gives and to whom. 

Oooh that ‘Tony’ with the Estuary English accent got me wound up today.  Talk about chasing his own tail.  They need to tell us this, they need to let us get on with life that, they need to tell us what we can do, they need to let us make our own decisions.. 

Anyone notice how the pro gov supporters who ring up the Wint Line always have broadcast quality telephone lines?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Partially to do with the fact that I'd say most people are hugely risk adverse nowadays and also have very little exposure to real risks on their sofas watching Netflix?  I genuinely think a significant portion of the population is incapable to assessing risks due to their bubble wrapped lives. 

Personally I think people need to take more risks and that everyone has a baseline stress tolerance.  'Stress' includes the body and not just the mind.  So people that exercise vigorously or do dangerous sports have a naturally higher stress threshold.  They then won't get 'stressed' by minor inconsequential things, which then contributes to mental and physical health issues.  In my experience the 'fit' and 'extreme sportsters' are generally much more chilled out in the real world. 

I kind of agree.  The general population just lacks resilience, and not within the expected 'snowflake' demographic.   It is the much older generations who seem so freaked about being told to get on with it and make their own choices.

When this first kicked off,  I predicted it would be the younger people who would melt down because they have never experienced anything but a risk-free, relatively untramelled life - no wars,  no major disease, H&S was unseen in many setting,  but it is the older population  that seem to be more badly affected, and these are people whose parents would have endured those massive risks so you would expect resilience to be passed down.

It is very strange. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

Oooh that ‘Tony’ with the Estuary English accent got me wound up today.  Talk about chasing his own tail.  They need to tell us this, they need to let us get on with life that, they need to tell us what we can do, they need to let us make our own decisions.. 

Anyone notice how the pro gov supporters who ring up the Wint Line always have broadcast quality telephone lines?

And Andy Wint did not challenge him about the three Cs and that government has said you must manage yourself, avoid crowds, indoors, close contact and stay in well ventilated areas.  I mean, really!

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

And Andy Wint did not challenge him about the three Cs and that government has said you must manage yourself, avoid crowds, indoors, close contact and stay in well ventilated areas.  I mean, really!

I'm sure most of mannin line callers will avoid 1886 which will be crowded, inside & not well ventilated! However I bet a fair few will be in Legion club which is similar complaining about younger ones spreading virus etc😂

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

Well the cabinet office has a few former Manx Radio kiddies at their paid disposal.

I've been listening to the Mannin Line/Talking Heads/Mannin line for a few decades. You get to know the sort of thing people write/call in about and how they do it. OK, maybe changes a bit depending on the presenter.

But Wint has an awful lot of 'correspondents' who he doesn't name, who say stuff and ask short questions. It sounds like hot air he's guffing out himself to keep the ball rolling. The few times I have txted in he changes the wording out of all meaning and context.

• Like 1