IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

8 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Of course the devil will be in the detail of our supposed move to Level 2 on May 29.

Who will be permitted to travel & what will be the isolation / testing requirements.

The exit framework is a blag document & ambiguous at best.

It will be similar to jersey's policy but maybe a bit later than 29 May. I think tomorrow's big announcement will be about this discount / voucher framework. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Am I? Remember your post just above about Germans booking all the best holidays? Do you know why? 

It is because they have abandoned the 12 week gap and you can get it after 4 weeks. 70% will be fully Vaccinated by end of July. 12-15 year olds will be vaccinated before next school year. Where will we be? Probably still with Boris' closed border policy. 

Absolute bollocks as usual, nothing to do with vaccinations just less restrictive travel laws for residents, Italy opening upto tourists as well this month 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Banker said:

Everyone has pointed out that your posts are wrong including about vaccinations not stopping the infections!!

If you are vaccinated you are 50% less likely to spread the virus.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Germans are nicking our holidays!!

Germans are snapping up holiday deals ahead of Britons due to No 10's 'amazing caution', travel chief warns

British tourists are in danger of having the best holiday hotspots snapped up by travellers from other European countries because of the government's cautious holidays restart, TUI's chief executive has suggested.

In an interview with Ian King Live, Friedrich Joussen said his firm has seen a surge in bookings in countries like Germany - with the lowest number recently recorded in the UK.

Bookings for holidays to Portugal have gone through the roof after the country was added to the government's green travel list. However, four of the most popular destinations for British tourists - Spain, France, Italy and the US - were left off altogether. Instead, their amber rating means people who travel to these countries will need to self-isolate on their return.

Isn't TUI Germany's largest (only?) travel firm? So it's hardly surprising they're seeing a surge in bookings.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Isn't TUI Germany's largest (only?) travel firm? So it's hardly surprising they're seeing a surge in bookings.  

But Germans and Brits aren't sold the same mix of hotels and resorts.  So even a lot of demand from Germany (and of course Shengen means that they can move around Europe without restriction) won't automatically fill all the stock they have on offer.  So they need to try and scare the Brits into booking now.

2 hours ago, Cambon said:

No it is not. Boris even said so himself in a press briefing a couple of weeks ago. The result of the vaccination program are only just starting to be seen. Now the uk has realised its cock up, it is rapidly getting second jabs done. 

I think the UK is only adhering to the 12 week interval as recommended by PHE.

I do agree with you to some extent though. We should have shortened the 12 weeks to 10 about 2 weeks ago (or 8 4 weeks ago). That's just my opinion. its too late now though as we wouldn't be able to do it and we have missed that opportunity. The result is that we have the conundrum of pressure to open the border with a significant number of people (vulnerable) and only one jab in them. That will not change until the end of June +2 weeks.

1 hour ago, Utah 01 said:

............................says the biggest bollocks producer on this forum.  Read and inwardly digest:

image.png.58ad1d92f2f5b2e2b524f34dcc66cf64.png

Of course the scientists had to do that. What they didn't tell you was that many over 80s had their second Pfizer after 21 days. So 35(2 weeks later) to 41 days later are fully vaccinated people. 

It is spin. 

Lies, damn lies and statistics.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Cambon said:

Of course the scientists had to do that. What they didn't tell you was that many over 80s had their second Pfizer after 21 days. So 35(2 weeks later) to 41 days later are fully vaccinated people. 

It is spin. 

Lies, damn lies and statistics.

You’ve been proved wrong yet again, just admit it!!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, John Wright said:

Or the fact that in exchange for removing freedom of movement rights from EU citizens the UK government has just given them to Indians so they can travel, study, fill the low paid jobs.

I'd make it a free-for-all since, as a capitalist, I believe in freedom: Freedom of movement and the free movement of capital, labour and ideas.

I suppose that makes me fairly right-wing. 

And yet I often also find myself wondering whether those opposed to Covid passports on the basis of freedom related arguments are also opposed to voters being required to provide photo ID.

ETA: they never are.

Edited by pongo

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Level 2, yes, but laced with stipulations & restrictions no doubt.

We all know it should be as simple as a negative entry test & off you pop son but somehow this administration will release small print that even a Philadelphia lawyer would struggle to understand!

Cases spiking in Indian communities through Bolton & Blackburn ... no surprise as Boris closed the door on them far too late & many got back in. Also, many BAME’s won’t take the vaccine.

• Like 3