IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Yes, you can come and go. That is the point of 0&6 testing. You are released on negative day 0 test. That said, if you test positive..............

That is the risk you take. 

I’m more than happy as a 1st vax recipient, not likely to mixing in high risk settings, to be travelling & returning with those parameters in place.

They just need to get on with it & announce it so plans can be made.

I’m not asking for the flumes to be reopened, the promenade finished or the Wheel to start turning again ffs!

30 minutes ago, trmpton said:

What, about two thirds of the economically active population and just leave the retired old duffers to run the place?

The trouble is that old duffers (aside from have no peripheral vision or spatial awareness in the supermarket) only consider themselves. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

I’m more than happy as a 1st vax recipient, not likely to mixing in high risk settings, to be travelling & returning with those parameters in place.

They just need to get on with it & announce it so plans can be made.

I’m not asking for the flumes to be reopened, the promenade finished or the Wheel to start turning again ffs!

Flames? Promenade? Wheel? Now you are taking the piss!🙂

https://www.itv.com/news/channel/2021-05-13/guernsey-travel-restrictions-set-for-biggest-easing-since-start-of-pandemic

Tomorrow though only parts of the South West of England & Wales form the basis of no isolation requirement, which in itself is a bit of a nonsense as they are including the ferry ports in the South of England as low risk as well ....

Where anyone with a vehicle will be entering from!

... oh, and Jersey Cat 2 who have even less restrictions.

Just us now, fannying about.

Edited by Nom de plume

A bit like us saying the U.K. is 7 day isolation except Heysham & Liverpool .....

They just need to test on entry, release on neg & isolate on positive, negating all this titting about.

Edited by Nom de plume

1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

You are the spokesperson for 2 thirds of the population? When did this happen?

Nearly everyone I know aged under 60 wants the borders open asap.

Older people not so much.

Its anecdotal, but I think 2 thirds of those in employment isn't far off

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

https://www.itv.com/news/channel/2021-05-13/guernsey-travel-restrictions-set-for-biggest-easing-since-start-of-pandemic

Tomorrow though only parts of the South West of England & Wales form the basis of no isolation requirement, which in itself is a bit of a nonsense as they are including the ferry ports in the South of England as low risk as well ....

Where anyone with a vehicle will be entering from!

... oh, and Jersey Cat 2 who have even less restrictions.

Just us now, fannying about.

Also including Southampton airport as well as ferry ports due to outcry from residents that all entry points were amber 

7 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

That might be the dumbest thing you've ever posted.

I don't know.  There's a lot of competition.

But the fact that some people are reverting to "Close your eyes really tight and naughty Mr Covid will go away!", suggests that even they are realising that things aren't as simple or as straightforward as they demand.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I don't know.  There's a lot of competition.

But the fact that some people are reverting to "Close your eyes really tight and naughty Mr Covid will go away!", suggests that even they are realising that things aren't as simple or as straightforward as they demand.

Here’s the rub.

The latest Indian variant scare stories.

721 new infections or so in the Greater Manchester (Bolton) area.

How many of those are unvaccinated?

How many are between the age of, I don’t know, 10 - 50?

How many are Indian or Pakistani returnees when Boris gave them a weeks notice to get back to the U.K.?

The DOOM is the story, that’s always & continues to be THE story.

Balanced MSM reporting backed up by facts is not an option.

• Like 5