IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

21 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

What does that even mean Thommo?

Have you seen the numbers in the UK.  Have you seen the advice that if it keeps going the way it's going then the numbers could reach one million infected pretty damn quickly? Is that what you want to live with? Even if only ten percent need ICU intervention that's 100 000. Where do you think we will put them. Sorry, but you still don't seem to have worked out that this virus has not been eradicated and that even with double vaccinations, people are still going to get sick and will need hospital treatment. How do you suggest, 'The powers that be' manage that risk by just 'getting on with life? I'd be delighted to hear your solution.

Its definitely getting worse over there

image.png.a2c17bc0402dd5971b217d24b2e4c6fa.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Its definitely getting worse over there

image.png.a2c17bc0402dd5971b217d24b2e4c6fa.png

And the hospital cases are as well!!

Overall, just over 200 people so far have turned up to A&E with Covid that turned out to be the Indian variant.

The really good news is that just over a quarter of those people had received the vaccine. And only five (or 2.5%) of them had received both jabs.

Far more than a quarter of us have been vaccinated and far, far more than 2.5% of people have had both jabs.

If the vaccine wasn’t working, you’d expect more than a quarter of people turning up to A&E with Covid to be people who were vaccinated.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

And the hospital cases are as well!!

Overall, just over 200 people so far have turned up to A&E with Covid that turned out to be the Indian variant.

The really good news is that just over a quarter of those people had received the vaccine. And only five (or 2.5%) of them had received both jabs.

Far more than a quarter of us have been vaccinated and far, far more than 2.5% of people have had both jabs.

If the vaccine wasn’t working, you’d expect more than a quarter of people turning up to A&E with Covid to be people who were vaccinated.

I agree

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

Have you seen the numbers in the UK.  Have you seen the advice that if it keeps going the way it's going then the numbers could reach one million infected pretty damn quickly? Is that what you want to live with? Even if only ten percent need ICU intervention that's 100 000. Where do you think we will put them. Sorry, but you still don't seem to have worked out that this virus has not been eradicated and that even with double vaccinations, people are still going to get sick and will need hospital treatment. How do you suggest, 'The powers that be' manage that risk by just 'getting on with life? I'd be delighted to hear your solution.

The numbers you refer to are the unvaccinated, elderly and of mostly Indian-(sub)continent decent (or indeed direct decent). And it won't be eradicated until that section of our society start to listen and take heed. Meantime, the rest of us have to get on with life.

You're now beginning to sound paranoid. I didn't have you in that category TBH.

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Live Feed from PKs

I can't stand cats as it happens. 

Have any of you gung-ho travellers actually asked Ashford why the delay to Level Two?

Mock all you like but to claim it's not killing people is a nonsense. Which is why the UK are throwing everything at it to try and stem it's advance.

I mean, do you think they're doing mass testing and pop-up vaccination centres for anyone over 18 for a laugh or something?

As I posted previously you are free to come and go as you please pretty much so just get on with it...

4 minutes ago, P.K. said:

As I posted previously you are free to come and go as you please pretty much so just get on with it...

Don’t worry plenty are , 357 booked in for test tomorrow mostly families coming here for school holidays. Probably similar or more over weekend. Lots going other way as well.

12 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I can't stand cats as it happens. 

Have any of you gung-ho travellers actually asked Ashford why the delay to Level Two?

Mock all you like but to claim it's not killing people is a nonsense. Which is why the UK are throwing everything at it to try and stem it's advance.

I mean, do you think they're doing mass testing and pop-up vaccination centres for anyone over 18 for a laugh or something?

No one on here is mocking the death of anyone. Stop making things up. The pop-up vaccination centres are for those who ignored the advice from even their own local community leaders. And yes, we are free to come and go, no one is denying that. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

No one on here is mocking the death of anyone. Stop making things up. The pop-up vaccination centres are for those who ignored the advice from even their own local community leaders. And yes, we are free to come and go, no one is denying that. 

You're making a connection that does not exist, not me, because I'm not making anything up.

It's wrong to think that those who could not be swayed by their community leaders are going to find a pop-up vaccination centre rammed with youngsters is somehow going to change their minds about getting a jab. I can assure everyone that the pop-up centres around north Manchester were absolutely rammed with ages 18 to 30. So much so that the queue from the drive thru' at Rochdale's Spotland Stadium reached the M62. It's several miles.

But vaccine reluctance is a problem. I suspect because many multi-generational households have just one person in charge...

3 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Cases mean nothing. The whole point of restrictions was to stop the hospitals being over run. That quite clearly has happened,theres more cases because there's more testing going on. I suspect if we had the same level of testing this time last year you would likely have more cases than now. 

Edited by thommo2010

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

The numbers you refer to are the unvaccinated, elderly and of mostly Indian-(sub)continent decent (or indeed direct decent). And it won't be eradicated until that section of our society start to listen and take heed. Meantime, the rest of us have to get on with life.

Except that isn't true:

image.png.1914e90d02915f420f9490c8bce69069.png

And those are the figures only up to 12 April, so this has never been a problem except in the minds of the racist media that will do anything except blame the people running the country.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Except that isn't true:

image.png.1914e90d02915f420f9490c8bce69069.png

And those are the figures only up to 12 April, so this has never been a problem except in the minds of the racist media that will do anything except blame the people running the country.

The BAME population are 31% in Blackburn and high in the other hotspots & it is correct that the % vaccine take up is lower in these groups than white British 

9 minutes ago, Banker said:

The BAME population are 31% in Blackburn and high in the other hotspots & it is correct that the % vaccine take up is lower in these groups than white British 

To what extent?