IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Was meant to have arrived home about an hour and a half ago in the hope of going through the convoluted testing procedure this morning and being in work tomorrow.

Overnight boat cancelled so now get home this afternoon, after the testing place (which isn't at the port) has closed.

So can't get a test until tomorrow.

Had to phone 111 from off island, while roaming to ask some questions that weren't on the website and was on hold for 94 minutes, whilst roaming .

What is the point of shortened isolation if they can't put the very simple things in place to make it work.

I can get a test here in the UK this morning and bring the result with me but that doesn't count.  Surely that would be better than getting on the ferry, sharing that space with people on the way home, driving to our test centre, and then testing positive without having known before?

What could possibly be so critical you needed to phone for? The rules are very simple.

As for the Port comment, for the sake of 4 weeks why would they move down to the port.  It would just end up a waste of time and money (which people like you would moan about).

Seems simple enough.  Arrive back on the island. Go home. Get a test. Get the result.

16 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Was meant to have arrived home about an hour and a half ago in the hope of going through the convoluted testing procedure this morning and being in work tomorrow.

Overnight boat cancelled so now get home this afternoon, after the testing place (which isn't at the port) has closed.

So can't get a test until tomorrow.

Had to phone 111 from off island, while roaming to ask some questions that weren't on the website and was on hold for 94 minutes, whilst roaming .

What is the point of shortened isolation if they can't put the very simple things in place to make it work.

I can get a test here in the UK this morning and bring the result with me but that doesn't count.  Surely that would be better than getting on the ferry, sharing that space with people on the way home, driving to our test centre, and then testing positive without having known before?

At best shabby, at worst outrageous. Maybe they are all have a well earned break ALL AT THE SAME TIME

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

What could possibly be so critical you needed to phone for? The rules are very simple.

As for the Port comment, for the sake of 4 weeks why would they move down to the port.  It would just end up a waste of time and money (which people like you would moan about).

Seems simple enough.  Arrive back on the island. Go home. Get a test. Get the result.

Simple enough?

Say I lived in Ramsey and didn't drive.  Is that simple?  Is it more simple than just getting tested before boarding the boat or as soon as you get off it?

As for 111 if you aren't bright enough to think of the many many eventualities that could crop up that aren't considered or covered by their crappy website then you are more stupid than you have made out on here.

18 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Simple enough?

Say I lived in Ramsey and didn't drive.  Is that simple?  Is it more simple than just getting tested before boarding the boat or as soon as you get off it?

As for 111 if you aren't bright enough to think of the many many eventualities that could crop up that aren't considered or covered by their crappy website then you are more stupid than you have made out on here.

There's no way I'm as stupid as you are angry.

What cropped up that you couldn't find an answer to?

I think you're lying to be fair.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

There's no way I'm as stupid as you are angry.

What cropped up that you couldn't find an answer to?

I think you're lying to be fair.

So my stepdaughter is meant to be coming to us on Friday evening.  

Because the testing place isn't open normal hours and because they can't actually tell me how long it takes to get results back we might still be isolating.

She lives with us and her dad so will be going back there Sunday evening.

Can she come to us Friday night as planned even if we haven't got our results back or do we have to contact him and cause a whole load of grief plus upset for my wife's daughter by telling her she can't come because this poxy island can't actually test people on arrival?

Edited by trmpton
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Testing is taking place though.  Every single day.  What are you on about?

At very limited hours, and outside the hours most people come home.

Have you tried booking one from off island? Its crap and should be a two minute job

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

All VERY predictable too.;)

Oh totally, if there was anyone who was going to travel during a time where there are still hoops and have a really hard time with it all it would be Trmpton. I reckon Banker travelling would be a laugh too.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Testing is taking place though.  Every single day.  What are you on about?

Only between 9-12 and only at the airport, hardly convenient for majority of arrivals unless you live in Douglas, drive & arrive on morning flights. The Channel Islands planned ahead and have testing at all points of entry open all day . They also intend to keep them in place.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Well I've just calculated the latest figures and in terms of doses I make the Isle of Man having delivered 1.08 doses per person[1] (1.36 per person over 18) while the UK figures are 0.98 and 1.24 respectively.  Of course with only a handful of vaccinations being done over the next two weeks, the UK will have time to catch up.

But the differences in strategy are interesting.  While the UK has managed to vaccinate 39% of the population fully (49% of over-18s) the Isle of Man has only done 34% and 43%.  Instead we have almost double the percentage with only one jab (40%/50% versus 21%/26%).  In fact 74% of the population and 93% of over-18s have had at least one dose.

[1]  Isle of Man population figures are based on the 2016 Census, pro-rata-ing when necessary.  UK population on latest ONS estimates.

That's a really good analysis and explains a lot to me.

Seems UK have managed to hit the bullseye more time than us and they are reaping the benefit now. The very low hospitalisation and death rates are very encouraging. We have taken a slight different plan (different to UK and CIs). We seem to have hit more yellow. You could say we have taken the UK 'get the one shots in' to level that exceeds the UKs. Something that was widely criticised on here at the time.

In my view that exposes us to unnecessary risk. Risk bring chance, uncertainty and probabilities. Of course we might get lucky and our plan might be even more successful. Time will tell and let's hope