IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

But as I pointed out with my previous post they have been doing exactly what you have been demanding - the the extent that the Island has delivered more doses per head of population and vaccinated with one jab a very high percentage (92%).  That has been at the expense of second vaccinations, but you can't use the same dose twice.

It's quite clear that there is a problem with supply at the moment - the stock hasn't been added to for a week and so has dropped by the 4,000 or so given last week.  There currently isn't even enough to cover the two weeks due when they restart, so hopefully some will be delivered in the next week and a half.

I'm not sure that's quite right either. We have enough to do the first 2 weeks worth at least. That's some 3.5 weeks from now. Yes if no more come for weeks then you are correct.

But like I keep saying...you cant do better than having them all used up and in the right place. 

Edited by Happier diner

10 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Jersey since July

431 positive travel tests from near as dam it 200,000 and none from 10,000 this weekend.

How are we seeing so many more (percentage wiss)? Is it down to the actual tests?

Probably because so few were traveling due to restrictions & only need a few to push up ratio of positive tests. According to ONS the estimate of positive Covid is only 1 in 1120 in England & much less in Wales so chances of catching are very low unless you visit a hotspot where chances will be a bit higher 

5 hours ago, Banker said:

Only between 9-12 and only at the airport, hardly convenient for majority of arrivals unless you live in Douglas, drive & arrive on morning flights. The Channel Islands planned ahead and have testing at all points of entry open all day . They also intend to keep them in place.

Testing at the airport? Hmmmmmmm

Stop obsessing over Jersey.  They've been basically locked down all year.

9 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Can anyone point me in the direction of the link to booking a test when returning from the UK?

I was told there is now an online booking system?

All I've found is this with no link:

Self-isolation for travellers (gov.im)

There isn’t. You’ll have to ring 01624 822111 whilst in UK and you’ve got to have your locator number to hand. 

5 minutes ago, snowman said:

If you can't read I can very well understand how it might be problematic.  But seemingly, you can read. The info is here:

https://covid19.gov.im/general-information/travel-advice/borders-framework/border-level-25-faqs/#faq6

I asked specifically about an online testing link which I'd been (incorrectly) told about. I've travelled during this nonsense, I know the drill.

Jeez, who's pulling your chain man.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, snowman said:

If you can't read I can very well understand how it might be problematic.  But seemingly, you can read. The info is here:

https://covid19.gov.im/general-information/travel-advice/borders-framework/border-level-25-faqs/#faq6

https://covid19.gov.im/general-information/current-travel-restrictions/

"Once you have completed your landing form you will receive an email with a unique reference number and a link to pre-book your COVID-19 test. Alternatively you will be able to book by calling the 111 team (8am-8pm 7 days a week), or if dialling from off Island or using a UK mobile please call +44 1624 822111."

Reads pretty clear to me that there should be a link to book online

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

https://covid19.gov.im/general-information/current-travel-restrictions/

"Once you have completed your landing form you will receive an email with a unique reference number and a link to pre-book your COVID-19 test. Alternatively you will be able to book by calling the 111 team (8am-8pm 7 days a week), or if dialling from off Island or using a UK mobile please call +44 1624 822111."

Reads pretty clear to me that there should be a link to book online

This is what I'm asking? Has anyone travelled recently (returning) and booked their test online? Is the system actually set up & working?

What the IOM Govt says and does are two entirely different things unfortunately. 

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

This is what I'm asking? Has anyone travelled recently (returning) and booked their test online? Is the system actually set up & working?

What the IOM Govt says and does are two entirely different things unfortunately. 

No - there is no online system.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Testing at the airport? Hmmmmmmm

Stop obsessing over Jersey.  They've been basically locked down all year.

No they haven’t but we have been for 11 weeks, what’s your issue with Guernsey who also have testing on arrival at all ports ?