IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, trmpton said:

Go on then.

What bit of "allegedly" do you want to see to prove what a **** up this is?

Dogs dangly still hasn't replied  to this either.

And won't, because it will make him/her look more stupid than they already do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, trmpton said:

Go on then.

What bit of "allegedly" do you want to see to prove what a **** up this is?

What?

The only fuck up is your ranting about allegedly having to wait whilst calling from the UK.  

Most normal people are content with just booking it once back.    

You literally never stop ranting and moaning.  You were doing it about the borders.  Now you can come and go with a bit more freedom you're still at it.  Tedious.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

What?

The only fuck up is your ranting about allegedly having to wait whilst calling from the UK.  

Most normal people are content with just booking it once back.    

You literally never stop ranting and moaning.  You were doing it about the borders.  Now you can come and go with a bit more freedom you're still at it.  Tedious.

You said "allegedly "

I asked you what you wanted to see for evidence

You dodged an answer.

😅🤣😂🤣

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

Unfortunately I’m stuck here, commitments etc. Given the opportunity I’ll bugger off, with my money as well. You won’t miss me, but will my investment in the local economy and my money. 

If anyone is going to take that seriously you'll need to out yourself

• Like 3

13 hours ago, trmpton said:

There isn't one.

They tell you there is when you get on the boat, but there isn't.

The whole thing is a total screw up bit the government lovers on here see it as acceptable. 

It isn't  its an absolute disgrace 

As I suspected.

The IOM Govt. tell you one thing & don’t back it up.

Their handling of Covid has been a shambles despite the lauding many still want to give out.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

As I suspected.

The IOM Govt. tell you one thing & don’t back it up.

Their handling of Covid has been a shambles despite the lauding many still want to give out.

Sorry NDP, up until around the end of last year, IOMG did a pretty good job. Since then, it has been one cock up after another. But you have to give them their dues for the first few months.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Sorry NDP, up until around the end of last year, IOMG did a pretty good job. Since then, it has been one cock up after another. But you have to give them their dues for the first few months.

Dues for what?

All they did was close the borders.  They made no provision for compassionate visits just closed everything.

They were very, very lucky there wasn't an issue caused by the key workers and steam packet crews.

I seriously can't think of a single thing they did that was handled well or involved any creative thinking or clever solutions to the problems the border closure caused.

What did they do that they should be congratulated on?

• Like 2

Oh, and they fluked elimination.

It was never intended and in reality was a pita as once they got there they scared the population to such an extent there are people who still think the borders should be closed and that we will all be dead in a few weeks.

My my,  how soon people forget.

We were late to lock down as we were slavishly following the UK in the (apparent now) race for herd immunity. The emptying of the hospital without testing wasn't the best idea either.

As for any sense of planning or adequate preparation it was still bit touch and go iirc. I don't think they were overt mistakes but the infrastructure, the methodology and the timing of important decisions by the right people should be part of the review, when it comes. Many posters have and did identify these and other  issues at the time.

We were, and still are, in the ideal place to weather a storm such as this. Calmer weather is now in sight.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cambon said:

If anything the first few months were worst managed. The communications were a joke, relying on a daily press conference rather than issuing press release for vanity purposes, which then contradicted by the police's social media accounts. Turning the announcement of the first death into some sort of gameshow. Whipping up hysteria and a vengeful mob against transgressors of COVID rules. Locking people up for minor breaches - many of whom clearly were in the midst of a mental health crisis. Stalag Commis. The vilification of Dr Glover began last year. The failure to plan for the vaccine roll out. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Cambon said:

Lots of interesting comments. Hindsight is 2020 vision! 

Much of what is hindsight now was mentioned at the time.  The folly of many decisions was clear at the time they were made,  hindsight just confirmed it. 

• Like 5