IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

32 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

They count your spoons.

Bit too much information, about what you and your homestay visitors get up to.

But if your charging for spooning surely that illegal and that's why DfE would check.

They could charge more for homestay.

• Like 1

I wish our new Irish journalist friend would stop stirring up the facebook 'keep the border closed' mob.

I'm guessing there's a 'promote myself' agenda also at play here, I expect a blog and a new instagram is incoming with an ebook entitled 'How I educated the Isle of Man on how to deal with a pandemic'. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, The Chief said:

I wish our new Irish journalist friend would stop stirring up the facebook 'keep the border closed' mob.

I'm guessing there's a 'promote myself' agenda also at play here, I expect a blog and a new instagram is incoming with an ebook entitled 'How I educated the Isle of Man on how to deal with a pandemic'. 

Don't worry.... by the end of this month she'll be in the Cabinet Office heading up the media team putting out exactly the opposite of what she's complaining about. Dead cert.

• Haha 7
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Don't worry.... by the end of this month she'll be in the Cabinet Office heading up the media team putting out exactly the opposite of what she's complaining about. Dead cert.

.......and you think Andy's joking!

With a big enough mouth in today's 'social media' (ably assisted in this case by a love-affair with the Blarney Stone) and the world's your oyster - even the dizzying heights of the parish council's Cabinet Office is there beckoning.

• Like 2

Notice all the fencing and security has gone for the fishing boats at Peel.

Any idea if :

a - it’s just the end of a scallop season.

b - with one day iso we don’t really care if they come in and mix any more.

c - we suddenly trust them where before they needed to be kept out of the pubs of peel with fencing

31 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Notice all the fencing and security has gone for the fishing boats at Peel.

Any idea if :

a - it’s just the end of a scallop season.

b - with one day iso we don’t really care if they come in and mix any more.

c - we suddenly trust them where before they needed to be kept out of the pubs of peel with fencing

End of season. Was announced weeks ago. It was directed to NI and Scots fishermen, not Manx.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Chief said:

You never know she might even challenge Floyd Mayweather to a round or two................

10 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Not from Peel, for many a year. Last time I caught the boat from Peel to Liverpool was winter and I was at University.

0k. You got me.

So, still no boats in the morning....

Jersey appear to have 10 new cases with a couple from the community. This is the point where we have to stay strong and not allow the Lockdown Mafia to start their fear mongering. We will likely see something similar here in the coming days, but we need to press on with border re-opening.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Suggestions now that the U.K. reopening being pushed back at least 2 weeks, possibly 4 weeks in an effort to get millions more jabs in arms.

That's what happens when they take a 2 week vaccine holiday. Oh wait, that was us. 

I fully expect the situation in late August will be a mirror of how it is now both here and in the UK. 

We started this with a '3 week lockdown to save the NHS' then it was to protect summer '20, then to protect Christmas, then to protect summer '21.... we all know what comes next. 

• Like 1