IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

13 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Quite.

You have to remember that Bozo's so-called "management" of the pandemic has been literally catastrophic. With tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths. This is his last chance to make the right call.

They are due to make their decision on the 14th June. With the infection rate rising by 60% over the last 7 days I suspect it could go either way.

Or he could fudge the situation by bringing back the failed "tier" system back to the North West.

After all, he has previous....

Of course you ignore the hospitalization & death figures which are both very low with total deaths at a 3 year low but don’t let the facts spoil a good scare story!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Banker said:

As I’m always posting positive stuff on CI , where I have friends/family, here’s something that’s not gone down well. Anyone from NW England has 13 days isolation & SE England 5 days

https://www.channel103.com/news/guernsey/longer-isolation-for-nw-and-se-england-arrivals/

Maybe the numbers of people travelling from NW England are higher than normal with no holidays in Europe etc

5 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

Maybe the numbers of people travelling from NW England are higher than normal with no holidays in Europe etc

Possibly, Jersey is very busy despite put restrictions on NW travel as well with one hotel bringing staff from Caribbean due to staff shortages 

26 minutes ago, Banker said:

Of course you ignore the hospitalization & death figures which are both very low with total deaths at a 3 year low but don’t let the facts spoil a good scare story!!

It's not a scare story it's just telling it like it is - maybe you should try it?

Yes your graphs are very pretty.

But can they fight...?

Of course I'm not one to ignore the numbers of hospitalisation and deaths.

After all 9,000+ folks on the wards is a lot and no doubt part of the decision process.

So is it "Data not dates" after all - I guess we'll find out?

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, P.K. said:

It's not a scare story it's just telling it like it is - maybe you should try it?

But can they fight...?

After all 9,000+ folks on the wards is a lot and no doubt part of the decision process.

There’s not 9000+ on wards with Covid, it’s less than 1000 out of 65m population so stop posting scaremongering crap with no basis in fact!!!

There are just under 1,000 people with coronavirus in hospitals in the UK, up about 5% from a low point a week ago. 

That's far below the peak of nearly 40,000 people in January. And NHS Providers say the people who are going in aren't as seriously ill as they were in early waves. They are younger, or don't require intensive care as much - and they're coming out sooner.

Edited by Banker

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

For context can you please post data for hospitalisations & deaths (for the same period)?

I could, but remember the title of this thread and at the moment the metric in our border 'strategy' is no of cases per 100,000 over 14 days.

We all know that death rates and hospitalisation is very low. But that's not a metric on our framework.....strangely 

Alf on Mannin line talking about borders, decision due next few days. Considering lots of data and says whilst cases are rising in UK , deaths & hospitalization numbers are not .

Pity he wasn’t asked why vaccinations hubs are shut for over 2 weeks 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

Yes & their listener base primarily voted Brexit.

That was never going to happen was it.

Don't ever underestimate public opinion. The great British public can only take so much, they know when they are being kidded.

Whereas the GMP don't appear to know when they're being kidded - because they vote the same old people in at every election (well mostly) and then moan when little or nothing changes. 

14 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I could, but remember the title of this thread and at the moment the metric in our border 'strategy' is no of cases per 100,000 over 14 days.

We all know that death rates and hospitalisation is very low. But that's not a metric on our framework.....strangely 

I think both you & I know that although the hospital/death data may exceed the current benchmark that will soon have to be reviewed and changed in light of the lesser number of mortalities. Mortalities being the ultimate benchmark.

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

But can they fight...?

9000!!!

Are we talking continent’s  now? like Europe as opposed to UK?

Edited by trmpton
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Banker said:

As I’m always posting positive stuff on CI , where I have friends/family, here’s something that’s not gone down well. Anyone from NW England has 13 days isolation & SE England 5 days

https://www.channel103.com/news/guernsey/longer-isolation-for-nw-and-se-england-arrivals/

Great! Guess where ALL of our arrivals come from! We're doomed! 

On 3/31/2021 at 8:03 PM, Banker said:

Complete shambles in France... Macron has changed his mind about 4 times on AZ vaccine...

"The 43-year-old president said that it was a race between vaccination on the one hand and attempting to control the spread of the virus on the other."

Poor Macron. Though a not inconsiderable number of the French feel that his 'joue giflée' t'other day was well deserved and a long time coming.

A lighter moment came when the BBC presenter, describing Macron's security-detail's reaction, assured us that the slapper was promptly, "frog-marched " away by French gendarmes...

Edited by quilp
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Banker said:

There’s not 9000+ on wards with Covid, it’s less than 1000 out of 65m population so stop posting scaremongering crap with no basis in fact!!!

There are just under 1,000 people with coronavirus in hospitals in the UK, up about 5% from a low point a week ago. 

That's far below the peak of nearly 40,000 people in January. And NHS Providers say the people who are going in aren't as seriously ill as they were in early waves. They are younger, or don't require intensive care as much - and they're coming out sooner.

@Banker

Apologies drama queen. I merely misread my previous post:

21 hours ago, P.K. said:

900+ in hospital is a lot less than at the height of the pandemic I grant you. But infections and the inevitable hospitalisations are rising.

So let's have your explanation as to why the politicos are all getting squeaky bottoms when asked if the Grand Opening on the 21st June is going to take place or not?

Kicked up quite a fuss though.

Quite gratifying really...