IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Infection rate now rising linearly and not exponentially

Article in today's DT - now don't be in any way surprised, but the data that Johnson and his 2 henchmen spewed forth on Monday was out-of-date and yet, again from this lying bunch of Touregs, selective to the nth degree in what 'they' were prepared to show in the graphs.  The ones they didn't/wouldn't show the GBP would have trashed any argument they had to continue the lockdown.

Lies, damned lies and corrupt statistics provided by YOUR government.

3 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

Article in today's DT - now don't be in any way surprised, but the data that Johnson and his 2 henchmen spewed forth on Monday was out-of-date and yet, again from this lying bunch of Touregs, selective to the nth degree in what 'they' were prepared to show in the graphs.  The ones they didn't/wouldn't show the GBP would have trashed any argument they had to continue the lockdown.

Are you on something?

Where do you get it?

Not really sure what point you are making:D

6 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

Have you considered a far more simple explanation?

The figures are as they are, with the current restrictions in place. That means, assuming all stays the same, that as restrictions lift, the value of R will automatically get a significant increase.

However, if you've got more people vaccinated, that increase can be significantly reduced. In an ideal world, to a point where it doesn't foster exponential, or even linear growth.

Boris has screwed the pooch a few times on his handling of COVID. Maybe, just maybe, and I'm probably being too nice, he's realised that getting it right this time is the way to go.

At the start of the pandemic, Boris and co took a strong view that it'd all blow over. Ask yourself what changed in his head, that he's now willing to delay things.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I feel like the letter is basically everything you'd get from a Facebook anti-vaxxer's group, just listed in a more formal fashion.

I had to give up by about halfway through.

Questions should be asked by the Manx bar about his mental state

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

One of my drinking compatriots. Believe me - it's different when they are not a simple statistic like you.

Sorry to hear that but the reality is that this IS about statistics and risk.  

I speak as someone who had a very close relative die of covid.  

It doesn't cloud my view of risk though. 

30 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

From or with, with or without a pre-existing condition (known or unknown) - it's important to know  because the death statistics world-wide have been fudged and inflated.

I wouldn't say fudged, just broad brush. 

31 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I am going for fifeser. Only us two in the competition so far

AND "Well good afternoon everyone, I am joined today by the minister for health David Asford and our....." is not available as a guess. This is in addition to

• The Great Manx Public and
  • As the Chief Minister says and
  • Thank you
  • Baby Steps
  • Impossible
  • Delta Variant
  • Hard work
  • Long hours
  • Well earned rest

Which are also excluded

Can we add 2 + 2 please. That will be the buzz-phrase for the next few months. 

57 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Ask yourself what changed in his head, that he's now willing to delay things.

He caught and nearly died - which is enough to affect/bias anyone's thinking>

The fact remains, Happy Diner, and quite clearly you are more than happy to gorge yourself on the inept, false and even deceitful data that the whole of this pantomime has been built upon namely tea-leaf reading statisticians with, in reality, little more expertise than you or I.

Garbage in - garbage out; the story of the statistical scam that has been going on  for the past 15 months and for 'scam' read deliberate manipulation of data against which any argument or dispute has been totally suppressed - and when came tentatively to the surface, was overtly attacked and denigrated by the government - because any exposure to criticism to their numbers would have exposed the lies they have spun to the GBP in order to justify quasi house-arrest.

In defence of the DT, which has in many ways been as much a cheerleader for the No10 messaging, it has, through their science editor Sarah Knapton, regularly exposed the distorted data used by Johnson, Witty et al, and by extension Mr Toad and the MBE.

Whatever I'm on Diner, you need ten times the amount.  There's none s blind as cannot.will not see.  Don't forget your white-stick on the way out.

screenshot.png

43 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I wouldn't say fudged, just broad brush. 

Gladys, I'll stick with fudge - and and that's being generous.

to fudge - 'present or deal with (something) in a vague or inadequate way, especially so as to conceal the truth or mislead.'

'to conceal the truth or mislead' of which 'they' have been guilty from day 1, from the WHO to Fauci to the selctive graphs Johnson has presented.

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

I am going for fifeser. Only us two in the competition so far

AND "Well good afternoon everyone, I am joined today by the minister for health David Asford and our....." is not available as a guess. This is in addition to

• The Great Manx Public and
  • As the Chief Minister says and
  • Thank you
  • Baby Steps
  • Impossible
  • Delta Variant
  • Hard work
  • Long hours
  • Well earned rest

Which are also excluded

I know I'm going out on a limb here, but I'll opt for 'Sensual swelling globes of moist flesh that promise much' and 'Silken thighs brushed lightly but insistently by eager fingertips'.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3