IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

21 minutes ago, Beelzebub3 said:

That must be a first, all 3 road lining vehicles working together in one place, it would be great to see that much effort spent on the roads around the island and get some of the road markings re-covered as around must places they cannot be seen and are dangerous at a lot of locations. DOI at their best.

I was just thinking the same thing, they’ve worked at good pace there, the only difference I can see is there is no obvious signs of contractors or thousands of watling street work cones/signs, it’s a good example of what the Highway board could/can do.

Most people wanted a reduced head count on highway board/DOI and this is the end result, loads of roadworks shared between the same 4 or 5 contractors, rather than just have one big team getting on with one big job at a time and getting it done. That’s progress apparently, be careful what you wish for.

35 minutes ago, Beelzebub3 said:

That must be a first, all 3 road lining vehicles working together in one place, it would be great to see that much effort spent on the roads around the island and get some of the road markings re-covered as around must places they cannot be seen and are dangerous at a lot of locations. DOI at their best.

People whining on FB.  Got to be honest - can’t see the issue.

They are just doing what needs to be done

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, snowman said:

which is what precisely ?

Creating an area to manage the increased levels of traffic coming off the boat while checking all the relevant paperwork, and with areas to shift people to if they are causing a hold up without blocking everyone else by the looks of it.

When we came off the boat in the car recently it was a bit of a disorganised mess, so they are taking proactive steps to improve it before it gets busier.

Good for them.

7 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Like I discuss things I think can and should be improved. On a discussion board.

What is wrong other that they are doing there?

One mans “discussion” is another’s whinge & whine. And vice versa.

12 minutes ago, John Wright said:

One mans “discussion” is another’s whinge & whine. And vice versa.

Discussions are only about opinions and views I guess and on here it seems mostly like argument in order 'to win".

Now debate I reckon is a different matter and mostly based on facts. Civilised.

That's my view anyway.

Edited by Apple
added an e but not saying where....
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Apple said:

Civilised

That is where you lose a good few on here who immediately resort to insults. A little clique, and wishing Ebola on people unfortunately.

@Andy Onchanagree completely.  People have ignored flu for the last year and a bit and I predict one of the worst flu seasons for a good while incoming.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"people travelling between the island and the rest of the British Isles who have had both Covid vaccination doses- administered in the British Isles, with at least two weeks since the second dose - will not be subject to any testing or isolation requirements upon arrival here." -- Does the Government not understand that having the vaccine does not make anyone a non carrier. Viruses, including Covid are all around us in the air we breath. They may as well open the border properly rather than discriminating in the name of "science". The scientific community has lost a lot of credibility in my eyes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, trmpton said:

That is where you lose a good few on here who immediately resort to insults. A little clique, and wishing Ebola on people unfortunately.

As I posted on another thread and with no offence intended to anyone:

"Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others,
even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story." 

Desiderata.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

This is what I've been banging on about for the last couple of weeks: 

1_updated_Flu and pneumonia deaths now ten times higher than Covid (1).pdf 467.97 kB · 4 downloads

The reason is because they now have to show a decrease in Covid to make it look like the "therapy" is working so it has been rebranded again to be Flu and Pneumonia ;)

Edited by Scipio
  • Confused 1