IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, snowman said:

Self administered and self declaration of result. No point. The result is whatever you want it to be

i don't think that's the case. The vast majority of  people who test positive will do the right thing.

If people didn't  want to isolate, they wouldn't bother going and getting tested. 

• Like 3

Just now, Annoymouse said:

They’ve made it perfectly clear that no restrictions will be put into place unless the NHS becomes overwhelmed, we could have 1000 cases but if there is still beds spare in ICU nothing will make change. Doesn’t mean I agree with it, I’m still waiting for the fallout, admittedly it’s taking a lot longer than I thought.

The testing numbers show 70% were symptomatic and it’s well known this is mostly an asymtomatic variant. There will be a lot more cases than shown, still 0 in hospital is impressive.

If you look at the age breakdowns, it’s cutting about primarily in the younger population. Which is what you’d expect with vaccination and attitudes towards it by age group. 

Not many over 50s had had tested positive in the past month, last I checked. 

Just now, AcousticallyChallenged said:

If you look at the age breakdowns, it’s cutting about primarily in the younger population. Which is what you’d expect with vaccination and attitudes towards it by age group. 

Not many over 50s had had tested positive in the past month, last I checked. 

Why would anyone over 50 have a test? They should all be double vax, they aren’t required to isolate and will be walking round undetected/oblivious if the vaccine is doing its job, so why would they show as positives?

I see Dr Glover is now suggesting it’s like playing Russian Roulette, apparently 50% of deaths from the virus in the UK have been people who were double vaccinated, 1 in 10 are still likely to be seriously ill, survival of the fittest continues.

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Imo. The EAG was a total waste of time. They came up with senseless advice that no one has taken any notice of. 

I do actually agree, there is no logic in having an emergency action group if nobody listens to the advice, it only serves to say I told you so if/when it goes wrong.

13 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Why would anyone over 50 have a test? They should all be double vax, they aren’t required to isolate and will be walking round undetected/oblivious if the vaccine is doing its job, so why would they show as positives?

I see Dr Glover is now suggesting it’s like playing Russian Roulette, apparently 50% of deaths from the virus in the UK have been people who were double vaccinated, 1 in 10 are still likely to be seriously ill, survival of the fittest continues.

Dr. Glover, whilst clearly a very clever young woman, is rapidly turning into a prophet of doom.

She’s spending far too long hanging on to words of the sycophantical Twitter fan boys.

3 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Dr. Glover, whilst clearly a very clever young woman, is rapidly turning into a prophet of doom.

She’s spending far too long hanging on to words of the sycophantical Twitter fan boys.

She's a smart lady. Ignore her at your peril.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GD4ELI said:

She's a smart lady. Ignore her at your peril.

I’m a smart guy & she’s no more qualified than I nor anyone else to have a reasoned opinion on this virus or the easing of restrictions.

She can genome sequence with the best of them I’m sure.

The University of Warwick & Sage experts have proved their incompetence on an all too frequent basis. There are no experts.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

She seems to be the only person with any sort of independent view left, I really admire her and I would trust her advice long before I would trust Ashfords or Quayle’s, unfortunately sheeple will disagree as they will only act when/if they’re told to do so.

She seems to have a fine balance of common sense and intelligence, a lot to be admired for I think.

Edited by Annoymouse
  • Like 16

5 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

I’m a smart guy & she’s no more qualified than I nor anyone else to have a reasoned opinion on this virus or the easing of restrictions.

Now I've heard it all! She's no more qualified than you? And you're actually serious about that remark, lol...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

She can genome sequence with the best of them I’m sure.

The University of Warwick & Sage experts have proved their incompetence on an all too frequent basis. There are no experts.

Remind me what your PhD is in and Public Health England background is again, please. If you’re claiming you’re equally qualified. 

You just deride anything you disagree with. That’s no claim either way on your intelligence. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Double jabbed or not..... no vaccine is 100% effective. Why is it that even clever people can't see that? And there's always (to coin an Americanism) a backstory to each death.

The people worrying are those who thought the vaccine would eradicate covid and stop you getting it. Fact is with more restrictions easing we are going to see more cases in the coming weeks. 

It's good the isolation rules are being looked at, we were going to book our little one into Msr this summer but decided against it because if one kid tests positive then it's likely she will have to isolate, hopefully the announcement tomorrow will change that as the msr is excellent and she enjoys it

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Double jabbed or not..... no vaccine is 100% effective. Why is it that even clever people can't see that? And there's always (to coin an Americanism) a backstory to each death.

Well its the same type of people who don’t realise 90% efficiency is still 1 in 10, it’s just 90% sounds better than 1 in 10.