IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

32 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

This is starting to feel like Life Of Brian again

The messiah sketch BTW

"the only person with any sort of independent view left" - Get real

Yes in a world of noise I find she provides clarity, I believe she provides a well balanced view without being extreme pro or anti anything, for me that’s refreshing.

My understanding of Science is that it’s all about theories and hypothesis, that’s why I follow what has been written by leading scientists and I don’t just mean Dr Glover, her Twitter is mostly made up of posts from other leading scientists.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

I’m a smart guy & she’s no more qualified than I nor anyone else to have a reasoned opinion on this virus or the easing of restrictions.

She can genome sequence with the best of them I’m sure.

The University of Warwick & Sage experts have proved their incompetence on an all too frequent basis. There are no experts.

When, oh when, will scientist realise that their job isn't to find out how things work - it's to tell anonymous posters on the internet what they want to hear.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Yes in a world of noise I find she provides clarity, I believe she provides a well balanced view without being extreme pro or anti anything, for me that’s refreshing.

My understanding of Science is that it’s all about theories and hypothesis, that’s why I follow what has been written by leading scientists and I don’t just mean Dr Glover, her Twitter is mostly made up of posts from other leading scientists.

So now is just her....but also other leading scientists. 

3 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

So now is just her....but also other leading scientists. 

Well I read from multiple sources in an effort to balance my own view, I like and respect Dr Glovers opinion and I also like the stats/quotes from other leading scientists she share from. All in all, I find Covid 19 and all the problems it creates along the way absolutely fascinating. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

They’ve made it perfectly clear that no restrictions will be put into place unless the NHS becomes overwhelmed, we could have 1000 cases but if there is still beds spare in ICU nothing will make change. Doesn’t mean I agree with it, I’m still waiting for the fallout, admittedly it’s taking a lot longer than I thought.

The testing numbers show 70% were symptomatic and it’s well known this is mostly an asymtomatic variant. There will be a lot more cases than shown, still 0 in hospital is impressive.

It shows the vaccine works and the government need to make life as difficult as possible for those who won't have it.

I have two relatives that won't have it. One elderly.  The other late 40s and working in a business of their own where contact with others is mandatory.

Utterly insane.  The changes tomorrow will reward vaccinated people.   As I pointed out to the person concerned, you'll be spending a lot of time not working.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

It shows the vaccine works and the government need to make life as difficult as possible for those who won't have it.

I have two relatives that won't have it. One elderly.  The other late 40s and working in a business of their own where contact with others is mandatory.

Utterly insane.  The changes tomorrow will reward vaccinated people.   As I pointed out to the person concerned, you'll be spending a lot of time not working.

Until all the trials are complete I think there will always be people who are cautious, it is their choice and we can’t force them to have the vaccine but the repercussions will be exactly as you’ve wrote.

34 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Well I read from multiple sources in an effort to balance my own view, I like and respect Dr Glovers opinion and I also like the stats/quotes from other leading scientists she share from. All in all, I find Covid 19 and all the problems it creates along the way absolutely fascinating. 

I find it a pain in the arse. 🙃

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Until all the trials are complete I think there will always be people who are cautious, it is their choice and we can’t force them to have the vaccine but the repercussions will be exactly as you’ve wrote.

That caution those is largely paranoid nonsense.

There isn't an argument they can have from a science perspective.  Billlions of vaccines have been administered.   Huge amounts of data exist.

• Like 1