IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

50 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Maybe all those LFTs handed out yesterday produced more positive results than anticipated by Ashford and his merry band. 

I'm fairly sure the figures being quoted are only PCR tests.  Anyone testing positive with an LFT will then try to get a PCR to confirm.  And of course these are yesterday's figures as always so anyone who tested positive with an LFT won't have had their test till today.

And the 50% of Covid-infected people who don't test positive with LFTs can go out and infect some more people.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

It's not going to work. People just won't take them. Why would you? Get a positive test you're out of work for 10 days with no financial support. They either don't think things through or it's deliberate. It's beginning to look like the latter.

You say that, but generally speaking, people have been submitting themselves to test when symptomatic anyway. People want to do the right thing where they can.

If they weren't, we wouldn't have been doing half the tests we have been.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

I'm fairly sure the figures being quoted are only PCR tests.  Anyone testing positive with an LFT will then try to get a PCR to confirm.  And of course these are yesterday's figures as always so anyone who tested positive with an LFT won't have had their test till today.

And the 50% of Covid-infected people who don't test positive with LFTs can go out and infect some more people.

What I meant was those having positive LFT results from LFTs handed out last night would be on the phone to 111 today to arrange their PCR test, therefore contributing to the 111 phone line overload.

Thought it was fairly obvious what I meant but apologies if I wasn't clear enough. 

• Like 2

Well, what a disaster our trip to the island has been so far! 
we honestly have no idea what is going on now, but myself on an exemption arrived with my daughter who needs path 2 test and release. We booked test up front, but it was far later into our trip than we’d been led to believe.  But when arrived at hotel, was told by hotel we BOTH have to isolate, I say, no I’m on an exemption so I can come and go, hotel says the duty manager will be forced to call the police if I leave! 
so I stay in with my daughter, eventually go through the TNS on phone this morning who said what hotel says is wrong, I can indeed come and go as I please, only my kid needs to stay in room.  
so I tell hotel, who tell me they will tell this duty manager and see what he thinks! WTF is it to do with them? 

so we have been stuck here 48 hrs, and just got test done at lunchtime. When taken, nothing was scanned, no reference taken, but they had a form  with kids name and DOB on it, so was expected.  We ask when we can expect the (hopefully negative) result, and we’re told, oh, we are on,y notifying people of the POSITIVE results, as there is such a huge number of tests and feedback to do! 
so we need a confirmed negative test and we are being told to assume it’s negative unless you here that it is not, in the next day or so! So again, we are stuck at hotel and cannot go anywhere unless we get a confirmed NEG result, but they are not confirming them as such! 
Honestly, I wish we’d never come, no one seems to know what’s going on, we have been on hold for over an hour to 111 and I am still only 7th in queue, all to ask how we will get our result!? 
I sense they are snowed under.  But we go  back Sunday morning and at this rate will have spent a grand on 5 nights in a terrible hotel with no aircon or proper opening windows confined to room in case the management grass me up to the bizzies. 

as for the hotel run by grasses! Well over 100 quid a night and it’s terrible quite honestly. Room, service (complete lack or it) just awful 

welcome to the Isle of Man indeed! 

Edited by Pieman
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Zarley said:

What I meant was those having positive LFT results from LFTs handed out last night would be on the phone to 111 today to arrange their PCR test, therefore contributing to the 111 phone line overload.

Thought it was fairly obvious what I meant but apologies if I wasn't clear enough. 

But why were so many people picking tests up?

They have been very clear in the briefing just now that you only take a lft if you have been contacted by 111.

No one should be contacting 111 to ask for a test, so where on earth did 7 thousands tests go last night?  Who was wanting them and why?  We’re they just panic in because someone they were near once might have tested optics rather than being contacted by 111 and given the voluntary option of a LFT?

2 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Wonderful, so if you have a positive LFT you have zero obligation to isolate even after you’ve contacted 111 to tell them you’ve had a positive test.

What an absolute waste of time, either restrict or don’t restrict this nonsense is pointless.

Yep, there is absolutely no proper reasoning or rationale being applied at the moment.  It is all about the Hosp.  Quayle floundering and Ashford just waffling shite.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Nothing about those responses were clear.

Summed up the current situation and the reasons why what we are doing are sensible and nothin FB to worry about perfectly to me.

Maybe listen again in half an hour with an open mind?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

Mind boggling.  FB seems to be full of people wanting a test to show they have something they have no symptoms from so they can be positive like some sort of badge of honour and then winge about having to isolate when they voluntarily took the test?  Bizarre.

The exact same thing was being spouted by some near-neighbours on Tuesday evening. Utterly bonkers.

7 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Sorry I didn't realise you meant the 111 overload, That's going to be caused by a whole load of interlocking factors as well as that too: people who need to re-book vaccinations because they test positive; people with a close contact testing positive who now want to check; a whole range of reasons.  No doubt no provision for extra operators will have been made.

But if what you say is correct that means that tomorrow's figures (when those confirmation tests done today come though) will be even more inflated.  Today's 115 positives (16% of tests) are more than on any other previous day (108 and 14% on 8 March).

• Thanks 1