IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

33 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

I do wonder in the age of social media and instant news would this pandemic be as bad if it was in the mid 70s…

It would have been much worse. Everyone would have been wearing mauve loon pants and orange tank-tops.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Pieman said:

Nope, nothing as yet. 

The whole testing thing makes me nervous, in fact the whole process does. 
when we booked landing cards we got the notifications. I got in queue to book test with 111, we were ‘number 1’ in the queue for half an hour, then suddenly got a message from the computer voice saying the line was now shut, 1958pm! 
next morning, 0800, I’m number 19 in the queue. 30 mins in, I am there and have my landing card ref number, ‘oh, I don’t need that’, next thing I’m doing all the same landing card info, dob, postcodes email etc, except this time verbally, and the person was making lots of mistakes! 
but I got the email confirming, no text though. But when we turned up for the test, they didn’t ask for the reference number, took no details apart from DOB from my daughter…

im just worried it won’t be tied together and we won’t hear or the result will be delayed unduly because the systems don’t seem to be talking to each other. 

For those that had results emailed recently, how long have they taken to come through? 

I find it a bit odd that you wont name the hotel

So only the day after the Govt relaxed the isolation rules etc and told us to live with it; my child's nursery has just shut because of a staff member testing positive. 

Brilliant - so that's at least 50 parents are now going to have to take the day off work.

What good is closing it today?  I'm assuming the infected staff member is not in today, so the damage has already been done. 

They're also arranging a 'deep clean'.  Seems that this Covid can survive on a surface for an entire weekend!   

I've not really been paying attention with the border restrictions. Bored of it, but its about to be the school holidays and I probably should. What is the score with travelling with kids in light of whatever it was they announced this week. Assume parent 2+2, what hoops does a child need to jump through to return?