IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

Which is why people want to see accurate daily figures to make a judgement. 

I’ll tell you.

It’s everywhere. Assume everyone has it and you’ll be fine.

The case numbers mean absolutely Jack Shit. Whether they tell you it’s 10 or 500, it’s very likely to be considerably more.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, HeliX said:

210 positive, 233 added, and only a total of 123 in the "new case breakdown." Is Alf doing this sparkling mathematics?

I knew Eddie Teare was too useful to let go.... 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

I’ll tell you.

It’s everywhere. Assume everyone has it and you’ll be fine.

The case numbers mean absolutely Jack Shit. Whether they tell you it’s 10 or 500, it’s very likely to be considerably more.

Considerably more? Double? Big difference between 20 and 1,000. Seems to be averaging around 200 a day so far. People can see if it’s going up or not

9 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

Considerably more? Double? Big difference between 20 and 1,000. Seems to be averaging around 200 a day so far. People can see if it’s going up or not

The figures either propogate fear (mostly) or reassure (unlikely). They serve no purpose.

I know countless people who've tested positive through LFT's or presented mild symptoms who are just staying at home and riding it out whilst close quarter family go about their normal business, likely spreading it everywhere.

It is all hogwash. Don't get uptight or pay attention to case numbers.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

The truth is we take our lead from Westminster & we’ll broadly follow what they do.

we are well beyond any form of policy reversal now. 

I don’t think thats quite true, we certainly didn’t blindly follow Westminster last year which would’ve been the easy option and it appears from June onwards they once again went on a different path, we still have policies in place now (close contacts & no isolation for example) that haven’t even been agreed in Westminster yet.

I do (sadly) agree it’s beyond reversing now, but that doesn’t mean I think it was the right thing to do and that is the only reason I will continue to express my distaste at the decisions that have been made, it’s still a very bitter pill to swallow.

Edited by Annoymouse
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

The media should do their fucking job regarding this, instead of just repeating the government’s figures. 

Sorry, but this shit annoys me. 

Quite. Manx radio and 3fm have exactly the same news story, word for word. A copy and paste job presumably.

50 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

Secondly, if your powers of future prediction are correct, then as I and several others have suggested, the medical authorities have know for at least a year that CV is going to be, long-term, another reason for hospital admission along with the multiplicity of other conditions - and should have been planning and making the necessary provisions for the load accordingly.  In some circles, and clearly is absent in the parish council, it is termed 'future planning'.

From a UK perspective, the Conservative government want to be able to privatise and sell off as much of the NHS as possible. How better than systematically under-resourcing it?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

From a UK perspective, the Conservative government want to be able to privatise and sell off as much of the NHS as possible. How better than systematically under-resourcing it?

All out of our control sadly.

Mind you, Starmer & his gang of clowns look the most inept opposition in living memory.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MadAsHell said:

Quite. Manx radio and 3fm have exactly the same news story, word for word. A copy and paste job presumably.

It's not word for word but one may have copied the points off the other.  At least they're finally noticing the enormous differences after us banging on about it for nearly a week

But they really ought to be making a massive fuss about this and have been the first to do so.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

It's not word for word but one may have copied the points off the other.  At least they're finally noticing the enormous differences after us banging on about it for nearly a week

But they really ought to be making a massive fuss about this and have been the first to do so.

Maybe MR are treading carefully after upsetting the big boss man ?!! .No excuse for not being able to add up and produce accurate figures .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

The antibody numbers across UK are looking good, taken in the round with all the other data (cases look as though they're on the way down😞

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/datasets/coronaviruscovid19antibodydatafortheuk

Cases are still going up (35.81% increase in the 7 day average). Maybe plateauting based on today's but not going down.Screenshot_20210721-170529_Twitter.thumb.jpg.21d661dd692d1459b30b7a2e50e6cbd8.jpg

I tend to look at the "Cases by specimen date" of the data set. It's a couple of days behind the "Cases by date reported" but I believe it presents a more accurate picture. You'll see the difference when you look at the graphs. 

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/cases?_ga=2.242591809.2120377948.1626884701-1326513770.1626884701