IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

29 minutes ago, immortalpuppet said:

She wasn’t very attractive……..

Anyhoo, what an absolute shitshow. The fact that there was more than a couple of hysterical lunatics there is a worry.
In times of relative crisis people sometimes lose perspective but that was full on Phoenix nights meets the X files.

let’s hope the cooler weather dampens their enthusiasm for a while as that display was pure embarrassment. 

Fully expecting to see that clip pop up on satirical TV shows in the coming weeks saying how crackers the Manx are.

For once David Ashford wasn't the thickest person in the room. https://m.facebook.com/groups/718428375692445/permalink/892420974959850/?fs=2&focus_composer=0&ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_highlights

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

Disappointing to see IOM Newspapers have given Fairfax the front page of this week's Independent. 

Just another Covid clown out to scare the impressionable. 

Should get Prof Neil Ferguson to do a prediction also. 

His predictions have been shown to be really accurate. After the event 🤷‍♂️

Edited by 747-400
typo
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Not that I am giving them any credence, but ignoring the vaccine, is it even scientifically possible for flesh to become magnetised and, if so, what effects would it have? 

(I fully expect the answer to be "no, and therefore none").

People have a natural magnetism. 

If the vaccination has enhanced mine, then I'm all for it. 😁

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, immortalpuppet said:

I see Dr Fairfax has posted some simple projections on Twitter which is great to see. It would have been more enlightening to have these posted without calibration and then actuals plotted against predicted.

Still interesting all the same

8228E07E-2871-44CF-87AD-4B4D0CEB839C.png.76567451aea8d93df8b7ccc232cec933.png29D892BF-1034-4E4D-AAF4-1FAA82B9E6A5.png.7e14e68bb69880619424d63df2741d16.png

Wrighty ripped his model to bits. Why is this guy still getting coverage?

I think it’s down to a lack of information being provided in the public domain that gives us any idea of what to expect in the short term.

Despite the dates constantly evolving, and the potential inaccuracies It’s the only one out there really apart from Danny Winrow’s (again from Twitter) 

618E6623-E5E9-45D1-AF37-D0DACEFB8DFB.thumb.png.9f52149d54fabd1cddc01a55620befee.png

Edited by immortalpuppet
Added Danny’s chart

44 minutes ago, Gladys said:

is it even scientifically possible for flesh to become magnetised and, if so, what effects would it have? 

My wife and I used to believe it was possible but we fell out and now we are poles apart.

• Haha 8

6 minutes ago, immortalpuppet said:

I think it’s down to a lack of information being provided in the public domain that gives us any idea of what to expect in the short term.

Despite the dates constantly evolving, and the potential inaccuracies It’s the only one out there really apart from Danny Winrow’s 

It has been mentioned that modelling is hard for a population such as ours. Any coincidence that the other 'top of the table' countries (for infections per 100k) are also island nations? Besides, the UK were predicting 100k plus a day around now and yet it has gone the opposite way. Obsession with cases is just not healthy any longer. It's just the bloody media who love it.

• Like 2