IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, immortalpuppet said:

I agree regarding cases as there isn’t an accurate way of tracking and it’s largely irrelevant anyway. Hospitalisations and available beds in the next few weeks is the interest for me and I guess other people too as this could influence behaviour 

Correct - but again I'm guessing hard to predict given the impact vaccine is having plus people's personal choices i.e. vulnerable possibly keeping themselves safer. Could maybe use the UK data as a good indicator?

59 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Not that I am giving them any credence, but ignoring the vaccine, is it even scientifically possible for flesh to become magnetised and, if so, what effects would it have? 

(I fully expect the answer to be "no, and therefore none").

Shame James Randi isn’t around anymore. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Not that I am giving them any credence, but ignoring the vaccine, is it even scientifically possible for flesh to become magnetised and, if so, what effects would it have? 

(I fully expect the answer to be "no, and therefore none").

The question you would have to ask yourself is why would you stick a magnet on your arm, at all? 

I haven't pissed myself laughing so much since... well, the last time I watched a Phoenix Nights DVD!

I could have sworn the fella holding the camera and talking was none other than Jerry 'St. Clair' Dignan himself.

Pure Comedy Gold! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ramseyboi said:

One of our former leaders Mr Corkish.

Washing hands is a good thing “I suppose, really”

As for the others the 2nd bloke talks sense.

Why not ask some young people, or even Middle Aged people who are working?

https://youtu.be/womKHilgg1w

Corkish was an ineffectual politician - probably said more in this clip than his 12 years as an MHK/MLC.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This pandemic, if nothing else, has opened my eyes to the fact that many people whom I've always considered to be sensible and rational, are out and out nutters / conspiraloons.    Spouting theories (gleaned from Youtube, Fox news etc) that I don't think even a self-respecting sci-fi author would use in the most outlandish of novels.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

There’s a lot more of it going about sadly as this all goes on you can’t escape it on Facebook now. Not sure if this is right but was talking to someone who reckoned there was about 20 nuts who turned up at that meeting and that video was simply the loopiest episode in a whole series of bizarre questions pitched.

They really needed to get someone scientific in (with no invested interest in anything other than sanity and truth) to say "You're all barking mad if you believe this sort of shite,  now go home and due something useful".   That would be a video worth watching.     Unfortunately however, things have got to the stage where if you try and ignore or challenge these people, they will automatically assume you're "in on the lie..... sheeple, baaa etc".    Perhaps laughter is the answer.     

• Like 1

There was a recent meeting in Onchan hub attended by around 60 Anti-vaxxers (husband of one of them is in our golf group)

Fascinating how rational people can have their common sense overshadowed by mentalist views. I am assuming mostly via YouTube and Facebook groups but if people are meeting up in person, this must add more credibility to their cause as it’s taking the discussion offline.

• Like 1

Got to keep the grift in motion, more dumbfucks there are the more money the triple surnamed fucktards can get out of them.

As the pandemic starts to fade these people (including politicians and medics) see their 5 minutes in the spotlight receding time to go for the last minute paypal donations.

See the protest about nothing in London last week with the main banner paypal address front and centre.

Sadly some people, (the deluded struck off nurse being one of them) can't see that they are being used like that and will desperately try and show that the earth is flat or that somehow they've become more magnetic due a vaccine.

Anyway rant over, i feel the need to buy some Apple products from Amazon and renew my Microsoft subscription from some strange reason right now.

• Like 3

Today’s offering from Takeover TV on Facebook is funny as fcuk, really taking the piss out of the PAG event, and making Ashford and Allinson out like total clowns. I can only imagine the memes, the GIFS and comedy shorts, if either of these two are Chief Minister. If Rob Callister was in the audience I wonder what he makes of it (unless he is sitting on the fence, to protect his future interests).

• Like 2