IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Hugh G Rection said:

It's not me personally, It's colleagues/friends/family friends who can't find any concrete evidence from any source. 

I put a question to you, can you GUARANTEE the COVID vaccines are safe and won't have any major long-term side effects on the general population?

Can you back up your claims with evidence of long-term tests and surveillance of side-effects in a range of individuals? 

Can you then justify the risk on an otherwise young healthy individual to take the vaccine over them catching COVID and most likely just having a sniffly nose or a cold? 

As I say, I am DOUBLE JABBED. I am not an anti-vaxxer or conspiracy theorist, I am genuinely just looking for PROOF. 

Well they're not looking very hard then.  Here's a recent DW article rounding up the current research.  There's absolutely no evidence that the vaccine has any effect on male of female fertility and quite a lot that it doesn't.  There was also an Israeli study published at the same time that found no difference.

There is however evidence that catching Covid may have some effect on male fertility and even have a role in producing erectile problems.  Samples are small, but it's not surprising - other viral infections such as mumps are notorious for causing male infertility if caught in adulthood.

Incidentally this increases the argument for vaccinating teenagers and having not 'let things rip' and without caring about the under-40s because they wouldn't be badly affected by Covid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

It looks like this anti vaxxer flat on his ass in Nobles is likely proof that the vaccine does work though doesn’t it? It’s highly probably that if he’d simply have had it he’d have no hospital conspiracy to moan about as he likely wouldn’t have been in hospital in the first place. 

It isn't 'proof' that the vaccine does work any more than someone in the ward who was double jabbed would be proof that it didn't (and I'd be supervised if there weren't some).  You have to look at the effect of vaccine in general across all the population.  People have to stop this idea that the vaccine will stop you catching Covid (it reduces it to about a third) and make you magically impervious.  It reduces hospitalisation considerably but we now have as many people in hospital as we did at the highest point of the February/March outbreak.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hugh G Rection said:

Okay.

What about the people that are seriously concerned about longer term side effects of the vaccine though.

I know people in their 20's (similar age to me) who are SERIOUSLY concerned about inter alia fertility issues that could potentially arise due to the lack of knowledge around mid-long term side effects.

It's alright for the 40/50/60 year old bitter men of Manx Forums to sit back and fire shots at everybody who's decided not to take their vaccine because it might effect their ability to travel to the UK to play Golf or get a special massage from a young oriental bird.

But there is a matrix of UNANSWERED questions around implications of these vaccines that really are imperative to be answered to a lot of the younger generation. 

And before you fucking start, yes I am double jabbed and not some kind of anti-vaxxer.

There is a difference between being an anti-vaxxer and wanting to make informed decisions that could have implications on the rest of your life, be it minor or major. 

There’s no scientific mechanism for it to affect fertility beyond what any immune response would. It’s as simple as that. At best, the fertility questions are ill-informed, at worst, they’re an anti-vax narrative that’s trying to be more approachable to the average Joe. 

Of course, actually catching COVID could pose problems, there are a few studies linking it to erectile dysfunction. 

See the following: "Mask up to keep it up": Preliminary evidence of the association between erectile dysfunction and COVID-19. 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33742540/

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

It isn't 'proof' that the vaccine does work any more than someone in the ward who was double jabbed would be proof that it didn't (and I'd be supervised if there weren't some).  You have to look at the effect of vaccine in general across all the population.  People have to stop this idea that the vaccine will stop you catching Covid (it reduces it to about a third) and make you magically impervious.  It reduces hospitalisation considerably but we now have as many people in hospital as we did at the highest point of the February/March outbreak.

With no sign of the case numbers dropping; and no mitigations (other than vaccinations) in place to help the case numbers drop.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

With no sign of the case numbers dropping; and no mitigations (other than vaccinations) in place to help the case numbers drop.

That's not really true because they have helped the case numbers drop by misreporting the new cases on numerous occasions and by declaring that everyone is automatically recovered 10 days after their test date rather than 14.  Even if they are still fighting for their life in Nobles, they're 'recovered'.  Presumably changing it to 5 days or 5 minutes would have an even greater effect and as little scientific backing.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kevster said:

Don't take this at face value.

They are fucking sneaky cunts. 

"accurate in OUR data"

Anybody being treated for COVID within 10 days of a positive test most likely, and therefore it is "correct" from a data perspective. 

See where I'm going with this? It's what ashy is best at. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hugh G Rection said:

A great solution would be to get an official statement declaring how many patients are currently present WITHIN the ward. 

Until they provide their names, ages,   vaccination status, shoe size, favourite colour and what they had for breakfast the Karens will still want more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Statistically as far as respiratory illness is concerned flu is worse now that CV vaccinations have been administered.

Yes. Further, from an article on Tap News, Vaccine Fail https://tapnewswire.com/2021/08/vaccine-fail/

1. People hospitalised, sick and dying from Covid are in ever greater numbers of the double-vaxed and not the un-vaxed.

2. Those responsible are now coming close to panic twist, turn, dodge and obfuscate in a vain scramble to shift the blame so as to stop the citizenry cottoning on to the fact that they have been maliciously deceived.

3. The vaxes were approved for emergency use to “prevent infection with COVID19” but it is now clear that they DO NOT DO SO, so their use is unauthorised.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, AoM said:

Yes. Further, from an article on Tap News, Vaccine Fail https://tapnewswire.com/2021/08/vaccine-fail/

1. People hospitalised, sick and dying from Covid are in ever greater numbers of the double-vaxed and not the un-vaxed.

2. Those responsible are now coming close to panic twist, turn, dodge and obfuscate in a vain scramble to shift the blame so as to stop the citizenry cottoning on to the fact that they have been maliciously deceived.

3. The vaxes were approved for emergency use to “prevent infection with COVID19” but it is now clear that they DO NOT DO SO, so their use is unauthorised.

I'd rather have a shot of Pfizer than whatever it is you're on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

5 minutes ago, AoM said:

No vaccine has 100% efficacy.