IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Worth pointing out border control is not an exclusively manx thing, and that once other countries start really relaxing, ours will inevitably follow?

touché my learned friend.

I still strongly stand by and affirm my point.

EGOCENTRIC, CHINDRIBBLING TOSSERS

The Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece has a very interesting piece on its news this afternoon. Comical and very disturbing too. Steve Colley, Manx Trials Rider went to Guernsey and his Manx Care vaccination ‘certificate’ wasn’t recognised. He was taking part in a show, his organisers had to sort things out. He had to have tests and quarantine. 

If our so called letter of vaccination is refused in Guernsey then it is really coming to something, and says that our Government has zero interests in its own citizens, and that Guernsey must hate the IOM. Ashford can’t really expect its citizens to keep having to spend hours and hours researching entry requirements? The problems are stemming from Manx Care above all else. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Ashford "It is Mr Colleys own fault for not checking it would be accepted first, like I warned everyone to do."

And if it wasn't accepted before he travelled what other process would the Minister provide to ensure that Mr. Colley could do his job of work?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

And if it wasn't accepted before he travelled what other process would the Minister provide to ensure that Mr. Colley could do his job of work?

"we'll have the app in a couple of weeks" probably.

Anyway, away from Ashford and his nonsense lets return to the future. Here's a very long article that if you are interested enough you should probably read

Why COVID-19 Is Here to Stay, and Why You Shouldn’t Worry About It

and here's the author running through it on twitter in a still long, but shorter than the actual article if you'd just prefer the main points.

There are people out there who are still terrified, its easy to sniff and sneer, but they need some help, and some hope.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

There was a direct flight a week or so ago that seemingly didn’t have problems with the letter. Don’t really understand it. 

2 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

And his predictions were front page news.

That really was actually quite odd. He's nothing more than an enthusiastic amateur so why was what he reckons about this topic, or any other topic, considered worthy of publication in the newspaper, let alone on the first page.

Okay, so he's a software developer, like hundreds of other people on the Isle of Man, no-one quite rightly gives a fuck what they think about covid, 'expert' modelling or not.

It actually fucks me off.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, reptar said:

That really was actually quite odd. He's nothing more than an enthusiastic amateur so why was what he reckons about this topic, or any other topic, considered worthy of publication in the newspaper, let alone on the first page.

Okay, so he's a software developer, like hundreds of other people on the Isle of Man, no-one quite rightly gives a fuck what they think about covid, 'expert' modelling or not.

It actually fucks me off.

Wait, you're telling me this absolute fucking tosser is actually recognised on the Island?

Fuck me what a great shame that is. He doesn't have talk some utter trough. 

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Ashford "It is Mr Colleys own fault for not checking it would be accepted first, like I warned everyone to do."

Well that’s a very crude way of putting it but yes. The IOM Government can implement its own restrictions but is not responsible for those of other nations.

If you are travelling to the United States and don’t get an ESTRA ( think that’s the right acronym) and are refused entry is that the IOM Govt’s fault?

I suspect the hoo haa is down to the fact that Guernsey is a Crown Dependency like ourselves and is,relatively speaking geographically close.

But so what? If Steve Colley was putting on a show in say Armenia and had encountered similar problems, would we still hold the IOM Government responsible?

Or maybe those officials in Guernsey involved in this incident just got it wrong? In which case they should be disciplined.

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

There are people out there who are still terrified,

............so complete has been Whitehall's psyops that they don't know, and probably don't care, how to undo the untold mental damage that's been done.  This 'emergency' needs to be officially ended, in the UK at least.

3 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

............so complete has been Whitehall's psyops that they don't know, and probably don't care, how to undo the untold mental damage that's been done.  This 'emergency' needs to be officially ended, in the UK at least.

They need to do that by explaining what is going on, and what is going to happen next. Just ignoring things, or letting people spread deliberate lies, or the media encouraging zero covid people on, is not going to do that.

What do you think is going to happen next Utah?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

No.

What they have produced is not fit for purpose. 

If I could correct you, nothing has been produced. 

When DA was on MR a couple of weeks ago, a caller was asking when the QR thing would be sorted so they could travel in confidence.   Lots of squirmy words, with a vague intimation of a hope to be sorted in 10 days.

Is the problem that our health IT is so crap it isn't capable of interfacing? 

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

If I could correct you, nothing has been produced. 

If I could correct you, they have produced not one, but TWO letters. One from manx care saying you have been vaccinated and one from the DHSC saying manx care is a real thing.

• Haha 2