IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

53 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

That's interesting because my anecdotal evidence suggests that there are some scallywags who are feigning symptoms.   

But even if there are some, the symptomatic percentage in the daily figures is still well over 90%.  So even if there's a bit of malingering, most are going to be ill from Covid to some extent.  And unlike most illness there's actually a test to see if they have it.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I’m not suggesting anyone is skiving. Just that it seems easier to find solutions that involve children not going to school than finding solutions which facilitate the teaching needs of children. 

OK - suggest some. Do you not think they will have explored every option before making this politically embarrassing choice?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Where is your information. 'Most', ' not neessarily' and 'probably' are wild speculations of a bitter and ill informed person.  You don't even realise what you are writing. 

Wild speculations? Hardly! 90%+ of adults vaccinated is most. Is that a wild speculation? The vaccination does not stop you getting Covid but probably reduces the chances of catching it, and reduces effects and symptoms dramatically. Is that a wild speculation? Is that I'll informed? Because these are statements that have been made by many professionals and scientists. I prefer to believe them over some random forum poster. 

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

But even if there are some, the symptomatic percentage in the daily figures is still well over 90%.  So even if there's a bit of malingering, most are going to be ill from Covid to some extent.  And unlike most illness there's actually a test to see if they have it.

When someone goes for a PCR test do they have their temperature taken as well?

38 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Wild speculations? Hardly! 90%+ of adults vaccinated is most. Is that a wild speculation? The vaccination does not stop you getting Covid but probably reduces the chances of catching it, and reduces effects and symptoms dramatically. Is that a wild speculation? Is that I'll informed? Because these are statements that have been made by many professionals and scientists. I prefer to believe them over some random forum poster. 

Fair enough. But that's not what you posted. You said 'most' in relation to children vaccinations. As for the rest of the above you have just said here, that's not in your previous most at all.

Whilst I am no particular fan of teachers nor particularly wish to stick up for them, I found your comments to be massively over generalised and without any evidence that they were true. You have your opinions. However when someone slates a profession in such a way that you did, without any evidence whatsoever, well that makes me angry and I lose all respect for the poster.

As Quilp said. You are amazing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Fair enough. But that's not what you posted. You said 'most' in relation to children vaccinations. As for the rest of the above you have just said here, that's not in your previous most at all.

Whilst I am no particular fan of teachers nor particularly wish to stick up for them, I found your comments to be massively over generalised and without any evidence that they were true. You have your opinions. However when someone slates a profession in such a way that you did, without any evidence whatsoever, well that makes me angry and I lose all respect for the poster.

As Quilp said. You are amazing.

I am not slating the profession. I am slating some of those whom have chosen it, and the current ridiculous government mitigation regarding it. Because it is not living with the virus, it is keeping the fear of the virus alive. 

Stop testing except where really necessary. Drop the border controls. Get the booster jabs rolled out. If you feel unwell, stay at home. If it is really that bad, contact your doctor. That goes for everyone, including children and teachers. Covid is nearly over (on island) and it is small areas of society keeping it alive. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/15/2021 at 7:08 PM, Cambon said:

I am not slating the profession. I am slating some of those whom have chosen it, and the current ridiculous government mitigation regarding it. Because it is not living with the virus, it is keeping the fear of the virus alive. 

Stop testing except where really necessary. Drop the border controls. Get the booster jabs rolled out. If you feel unwell, stay at home. If it is really that bad, contact your doctor. That goes for everyone, including children and teachers. Covid is nearly over (on island) and it is small areas of society keeping it alive. 

This 100%. Certain sections of society will always grasp on to anything to either create a drama, look for personal leverage or just try to spice up a dull existence. The rest of us would like to carry on living life thanks. If the teachers don't want to work then suspend them without pay. As you would any professional who wanted to down tools for no good reason.  

Edited by Danoo

1 hour ago, Danoo said:

This 100%. Certain sections of society will always grasp on to anything to either create a drama, look for personal leverage or just try to spice up a dull existence. The rest of us would like to carry on living life thanks. If the teachers don't want to work then suspend them without pay. As you would any professional who wanted to down tools for no good reason.  

Which teachers don't want to work. What on earth are you talking about?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, WTF said:

a job with about 15 weeks off a year ,  hmmmmmmm.

What has that got to do with COVID19 and removing restrictions. Teachers have a contract of employment that includes school holiday. Are you saying they should feel guilty and somehow volunteer to work when schools are shut?

I still don't understand the point being maken. 

• Like 4