IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, hissingsid said:

Thank you Max serious stuff then, I don’t do Twitter so I am not familiar with some of the nuances of it.

It is serious yes, but not restricted to Twitter. Narcissists and psychopaths are naturals at this, they lie about events which their victim remembers differently, until they believe the false version and begin to doubt themselves.

12 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

I'm still gob smacked that IOMG (and to a certain extent Dr. Glover) didn't/couldn't/wouldn't see the value of genomics as a lever to expand/develop the bioscience sector. Spectacular own goals at both end of the field.

If nothing else it could have been good PR for the Island. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

I'm still gob smacked that IOMG (and to a certain extent Dr. Glover) didn't/couldn't/wouldn't see the value of genomics as a lever to expand/develop the bioscience sector. Spectacular own goals at both end of the field.

Sorry. I cannot agree. The vaccine was and is the way out. Genomics was only game playing, at the time. 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Sorry. I cannot agree. The vaccine was and is the way out. Genomics was only game playing, at the time. 

I think Andy is thinking of the lost opportunity to develop the sector, not necessarily as a response to Covid.  The way it was handled sent out very negative messages.  Remember HQ saying something along the lines of genomic testing was being done in Liverpool by a facility that had the capability to do it?  The inference being that we didn't have the capability here.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Oh dear the attention seeking and the bizarre foot stamping continues. How dare people on here not kiss ass like her Twitter doom fetishists

B8A663B6-C4F2-45E0-9055-FF959594E020.jpeg

Oh guess what, I’m an anonymous account holder and just so happen to be a real person too, that’s why she pissed me off by tarring me with the same brush. She’s fortunate enough to be self employed, she doesn’t need to worry about social media clauses, I wonder if her employees have a social media clause in this contracts? That would be interesting, 90% of companies I’ve worked for over the last 15 years have had a strict social media clause.

Edited by Annoymouse
  • Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 10:02 PM, offshoremanxman said:

You really are milking it badly now. The subtext of claimed misogyny just because some people might question your views is a particularly low one.

A8254128-A852-47D9-A13A-05DA95639758.jpeg

These tweets are really quite bizarre. This is from a person who blocks people who don't agree with her and hand picks people who can see her tweets, so is really just playing to a self appointed gallery. Strange form of communication.

15 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

To be fair the current champion and cheerleader of the biomed industry at that time was involved in a rather childish spat with members of the government and indulging themselves in a social media circus. It was a time when rational thought and behaviour was in short supply all round.

But I get and agree with your overall point.

2 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Well it sort of did. Randox the main manufacturer of covid lateral flow and PCR tests with one of the main LFT and PCR contracts (worth £133 million) with the UK government re-domiciled its corporate structure to the IOM from N Ireland in March 2020 just as covid hit.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/health-pharma/randox-diagnostics-records-big-sales-surge-on-covid-19-testing-1.4580256

Just think of all the tax it would have paid on the excess profits it’s made in the last 18 months selling tens of millions of covid-19 kits if it hadn’t done that? So we have most certainly helped grow the biotech sector. 

The holding company is here, not the operations. 

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

That’s what I said. They offshored the whole operation at the start of covid so all the excess profits that they were bound to make were captured at zero tax. It’s the only real bio med play that we’ll get. 

Depending on the tax rules of where the operating companies are, they may still be taxed on profits before dividend in that location.  The whole operation has not been offshored, only the holding company. Of course,  they may have some more complex arrangement to transfer profits here, but with BEPS, substance and so on, that is more difficult.

That does nothing for the biomed sector here, which was one line of revenue that IOMG were actively pursuing at one time.