IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, immortalpuppet said:

If we have a track & trace system set up, there should be a picture of how/where things are spreading and more insight around potential mitigations.

I don’t get the impression that the data is going to drive what announcements come later.

I really don’t want mandates forced on us again to keep a minority of shouty people in a perpetual state of fear happy.

People are still getting pinged by contact tracing here and there. Close contacts are getting sent lateral flows etc. 

Our prime time for data gathering was when contact tracing was in full force, especially in our run ups to various lockdowns, with varying levels and options for mitigation. 

Being able to clearly say how things unfolded in our microcosm, in light of scenarios, variants, vaccination levels etc. would give you a sensible playbook for here. Things that hold true for 65 million might not hold true for 80,000, and vice versa. 

It’ll be very interesting to see how things unfold, and what the next presser looks like. 

2 hours ago, cheesypeas said:

Those folks arriving in the UK will be allowed to travel home and isolate. Being in the CTA, it should be hopefully the same for us.

They will have to. Where do they expect people to go when they have no home in the UK. Stick around in an airport for a couple of days?

15 hours ago, Banker said:

Thanks Courtney, just go back to the court case!!

Haha nice try but I'm not Courtney. 

I'm double vaxxed and will get the booster when they get around to offering it to my age range. 

But I don't understand why some people are acting like the vaccines were somehow bullet proof and stopped transmission? And now this new moronic variant evades it. 

You get vaccinated because it generally will stop you getting properly fucked up with covid and it cuts transmission a little. But we've known for months that doubled vaxxed people can still spread it, so let's stop acting like that's a new thing. 

Edited by James Blonde
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, NoTailT said:

I gave up watching that video when he started ticking his own notes.

The jokes on you because he didn't tick them all, he even queried or crossed some of them.

Edited by Barlow

4 hours ago, Banker said:

Michelle Haywood has joined Tim in asking for masks in schools, shops etc & pre testing before events 

Israel using security services to monitor Covid infected people!!

n addition to the entry ban for non-Israelis, a three-day mandatory quarantine would be required for all vaccinated Israeli nationals, and a seven-day quarantine for those who have not been vaccinated. 

The cabinet also authorised surveillance of confirmed coronavirus patients by the Israel's Shin Bet security agency.

In a statement, Prime Minister Naftali Bennett said phone-tracking technology would be used.

Is Heywood a proper doctor or is she a scientist?

17 minutes ago, Danoo said:

They will have to. Where do they expect people to go when they have no home in the UK. Stick around in an airport for a couple of days?

The question was asked if folks travelling to IOM will be allowed to transit from the UK, or wait until clear PCR. It would make sense to let passengers continue to IOM for sure.

I'm currently waiting for our wise and good to decide what there going to do. Im in Portugal and of course could return under the transit rules if within 24hrs. Hope it stays the same but after the Commis god knows. It would make sense if within that sort of time frame you are allowed back as was but dont hold out much hope. I think if tested on arrival in UK not sure if you would get results in that timescale ..ohh well time will tell 😊

Edited by Numbnuts

26 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Aaaahhhhh priorities , have to get them in order . Somehow it could be a fail !! But tbh it is Sunday 

Daphne Caine isnt in Comin, is she? And I don’t think she will be part of the National Covid Response Group, so I’m not sure there is much she can do about the latest Covid developments. She might as well crack on and enjoy her Sunday - well, as much as she can, without her culture and style-guides.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5