IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, James Blonde said:

How do they do it in the Channel Islands?

Mandatory in shops, public buildings, health & public transport, testing on arrival & isolation until negative which is far more efficient than our system of dragging everyone upto grandstand the following day

Guernsey are asking for 10 day’s LFT & charging £25 same for one Pcr 

Edited by Banker

7 minutes ago, Banker said:

You seem to be reveling in the fact Xmas parties are being cancelled!!

No.  I think it is insane, and I am particularly put out for friends and family who work in or in some cases own hospitality businesses that will take a totally unnecessary financial hit.

I am simply pointing out that when places started cancelling this morning, the usual suspects assumed I was making it up.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

What a bizarre stance to take. They are free of charge to the consumer.

Of course someone has paid for them, they don’t grow on trees, that goes without saying.

Yes they do. They are next to Alfs magic money tree around the back of Government Offices. 

Latest recommendations on vaccinations from JCVI

1. Booster jabs will be offered to all over 18s to help stop a potential wave driven by new variant Omicron
  2. Gap between second dose and booster reduced from six to three months
  3. Severely immunocompromised people will be offered a fourth dose of a vaccine
  4. Children aged 12 to 15 also invited for second dose three months after first
  • Like 1

Lunchtime in M&S I would say well over 50% wearing masks.

In Tesco much less so.

So clearly legislation is the only way forward.

Once again solid data on Omicron is required to wit:

Is it more transmissable than the current prevalent Delta variant?

What is the efficacy of our current vaccines against it?

What effect will it have on the numbers of hospitalised and fatalities?

Until these things are known the only sensible course of action is to take simple precautions like face coverings, testing at borders etc to slow the spread and give science the time they need to come up with answers...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

They’ll have to look at turning on the magic money tree again for the hospitality sector I’d guess if this situation goes on. It’s likely to knock a lot of confidence off Xmas bookings just when most places really needed the trade. 

We are only just getting over the last 18 months of handing out money to individuals and businesses who suffered during the various lockdowns. Now we're going to screw hospitality to the ground in their busiest time of the year by spreading unnecessary fear throughout the island. 

Absolute lunacy and taxes will have to rise to pay for it all so we'll all have to chip in for their incompetence.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2